217 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
animike says
It might happen that your file is on hold because they don’t know for sure if to reject or approve your file. In this case the reviewer asks someone’s else opinion. It happened to me and I contacted support and they said that.

This is exactly why it is happening. When your item is number one, that means it is being reviewed. It can stay there based on the complexity of your file (takes a long time to review) or because there are concerns about the whether it will pass review or not. Since there are multiple reviewers other files can get reviewed before yours is complete. That is why you see a 1 of 71, 1 of 70, 1 of 69, etc. Don’t fret when this happens, just hope you pass.

841 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
Jordan_M Staff says
It might happen that your file is on hold because they don’t know for sure if to reject or approve your file. In this case the reviewer asks someone’s else opinion. It happened to me and I contacted support and they said that.
This is exactly why it is happening. When your item is number one, that means it is being reviewed. It can stay there based on the complexity of your file (takes a long time to review) or because there are concerns about the whether it will pass review or not. Since there are multiple reviewers other files can get reviewed before yours is complete. That is why you see a 1 of 71, 1 of 70, 1 of 69, etc. Don’t fret when this happens, just hope you pass.

Couldn’t have said it better myself! If you’re ever waiting more than 7 days, let support know. We can help out then – but before that, you just need to wait for the reviewers to do their thing. :-)

178 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
pixeljunkyard says

Thanks for explaining. Again… and again. :)

900 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
CheshireCat says
Thanks for explaining. Again… and again. :)

HAHAHAHA you’ll get used to that. Like being in a cave with a seriously bad echo sometimes

146 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
CodeByASH says

My fastest published file has been 3 days, that longest has been 8 days…

One timeā€¦ it took 8 day to publish a file and it came online on Sunday morning and by Monday morning, it was out of the main page :( no sales those first days hahahaha.

You can try guessing the day to submit a file and have it publish on a wanted date, but this is not and exact science, I think every author has their secret formula.

19 posts
Arcane001100 says

Hehehehe

571 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
jayc says

yeah that’s right, still I have one question, it seems to me at least odd that there are 300000 users on envato, I will assume that at least 5000 are authors on activeden, my question is how come there are only about 70 files in queue at a time?

Is certain that some users are companies that have employees and they produce many files, so how come there are only (about) 70 files at the time.

Let’s assume that 50% of the files are rejected, 1 user can write a file in a week, that will be 5000 files in a week, 2500 files approved and the queue will be about 2500/7, so it should be about 357 files at the time.

:) I’m just guessing …

843 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
marcfolio says

i think the majority of authors post 1 or 2 files and never sale anything so they don’t upload ever again. My guess is that with AD you have 200 active Authors (meaning they post every 3 months or more). Totally guessing but that’s my guess. And I bet half of the queue are files that were rejected and will continue to be reject 2 or 3 times.

20 posts
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
Jimi207 says
I upload a file and it was 5 days in queue, was rejected by mistake, uploaded again and is still in queue.. for 3 days! :S the wait is killing me!!

That must be really annoying. Biting my fingers here just put 1 file on queue yesterday (been working on it for 5 straight days and consumed countless mugs of coffee)

189 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
mbudm says
1 user can write a file in a week

A preloader sure, but not anything substantial. it would take a week just to plan/design something that will sell at least moderately well, then maybe another week or two to build, test and package up with some good documentation.

Also I imagine a lot of authors here freelance and build stock in their downtime – as I do. So my upload frequency ranges from 1-2 times a month to once every three months depending on how many other jobs I have on.

M

by
by
by
by
by
by