• Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
OTWthemes
says

Hi there,

I am trying to upload an Admin Template. I choose the category Site Templates. In the section “Files” there is a field named “Optional WordPress Theme”. I leave it blank and then the form returns an error:

Please review the following issues that occurred Theme Preview is required Theme Preview The supplied file does not appear to be a zip. Please compress your files into a .zip file.

When it put there a zip file with the preview of my template is returns an error again:

Please review the following issues that occurred Theme Preview is required Optional WordPress Theme ZIP must contain index.php within my-file Optional WordPress Theme ZIP must contain style.css within my-file Theme Preview The supplied file does not appear to be a zip. Please compress your files into a .zip file.

Many Thanks

Stoyan

960 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Taught a course or tutorial on Tuts+
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
jeffeatworld
says

I’ve not uploaded in a while but that sounds a bit strange. I’d imagine since it’s optional you could just leave it blank.

What you should have ready to upload is:

1 x Thumbnail Image 1 x zip file containig the preview and screenshot images 1 x zip file of the main itheme files e.g. what gets downloaded on purchase

i think thats it – hopefully not stating the obvious…

28 posts Stoyan
+4 more
OTWthemes
says

This is what I did and got an error. Strange because I have uploaded files before and had no problems at all.

I’ve not uploaded in a while but that sounds a bit strange. I’d imagine since it’s optional you could just leave it blank.

What you should have ready to upload is:

1 x Thumbnail Image 1 x zip file containig the preview and screenshot images 1 x zip file of the main itheme files e.g. what gets downloaded on purchase

i think thats it – hopefully not stating the obvious…
28 posts Stoyan
+4 more
OTWthemes
says

I got it working now! Don’t know where was the problem, but it is solved now :)

8 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
64themes
says

I can’t get past this, I always get that error, why??

Uploaded the theme but it won’t let me edit the description!

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
medoking2006
says

why hapeen this Please review the following issues that occurred Theme Preview is required Main File(s) is required Theme Preview does not appear to be a zip. Please compress your files into a .zip file. Main File(s) does not appear to be a zip. Please compress your files into a .zip file.

320 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
SuggeElson
says

This is mistake for all newbie , do not put zip with demo in preview section only screenshots is needed here , because live demo is hosted in your server not in themeforest this produce nginx error

2 posts
  • Located in Palestine, State of
zourob
says

why hapeen this Please review the following issues that occurred Theme Preview is required Main File(s) is required Theme Preview does not appear to be a zip. Please compress your files into a .zip file. Main File(s) does not appear to be a zip. Please compress your files into a .zip file.

2 posts
  • Located in Palestine, State of
zourob
says

hi

I have a problem in raising the draft which is in the master file

1 post
  • Located in Nepal
koiralaindeep
says

You have to put the screenshot(s) in a folder and zip it – even if it’s just the preview image you’re uploading.

by
by
by
by
by
by