213 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
GDragoN says

Hi,

I would like to try uploading photos to PhotoDune, and I tried to find all relevant information on how to prepare files for upload, but I managed find very little so far. Envato knowledge base is very vague (as usual), and I would appreciate if someone can point to a tutorial describing:

1. Naming convention for files (how to name JPG files that will be uploaded) if there is any? 2. What IPTC meta data should be used, how much information provided? 3. PhotoDune Submission Requirements specifies some IPTC meta elements including this one: IPTC-ObjectName. But, I can’t see this one anywhere and I tried several programs, none of the has this meta value (Photoshop, ACDSee Pro…). 4. Is there a limitation on what types of cameras (dslr, phones, compacts…) can be used?

Regards, Milan

5634 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

This article on submission requirements gives some info on naming and tags – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/193

As far as what camera you need, there is no set rule for what you can use as long as it’s at least 2MP in size and the quality is high enough to offer for sale. Unfortunately, even if you can capture 2MP pictures with your phone, the quality is rarely good enough to sell.

213 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
GDragoN says

Thanks, but this still doesn’t answer all my questions. Can you give me more info about IPTC meta data, and especially IPTC-ObjectName?

Milan

1 post
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
manemon says

Perhaps some of us need an example of IPTC meta data form that’s already filled in. Also some detail guideline on how to edit the IPTC meta data properly for Photodune (using Photoshop, IrfanView, etc).

by
by
by
by
by
by