154 posts (-_(-_-(-_-)-_-)_-)
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Skywarrior says

Seriously, we aren’t the kind of team that submits a crap and then asks why its not approved. Our theme got soft rejected and we made changes at least 5 times and our reviewer keeps coming back with small changes which I’m for certain aren’t even needed since I already have another WP theme that doesn’t have them and many others don’t have either, this is just getting ridiculous.

So is there any way of changing reviewer or I should submit a support ticket?

Thanks (sorry for /rant :) )

1789 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

You’re doing it the wrong way, just think it this way:

You have a theme that may do 50 sales. If you change some little aspects, it could do 250 sales.

Why not work as hard as you can in order to get the max out of an item instead of being pleased with average? The reviewers only want your good.

+4 more
Skywarrior says

You’re doing it the wrong way, just think it this way:

You have a theme that may do 50 sales. If you change some little aspects, it could do 250 sales.

Why not work as hard as you can in order to get the max out of an item instead of being pleased with average? The reviewers only want your good.

I know what you are saying, thats why I said that we arent the kind of guys who submit a crap theme and just asks why its not getting approved. Seriously the things that he keep asking are like notices that aren’t even errors or warnings that dont depend on us and other changes like that we need tags and comments on every page. I know this is not true since I dont have it in our other theme and surely not every theme has tags and comments on every single page.

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

That is standard, it doesn’t matter that the users don’t have WP DEBUG enabled, having no warnings or errors is a must, how would you feel if you’d buy a car and discover later all kind of warnings and stuff you didn’t see when someone presented your car?

As for tags, all the posts must have tags and comments, the users can disable them from the WP interface or not use them, but you must offer them, that’s in the standard WP. Trust the reviewer, he knows what he’s doing.

+4 more
Skywarrior says

That is standard, it doesn’t matter that the users don’t have WP DEBUG enabled, having no warnings or errors is a must, how would you feel if you’d buy a car and discover later all kind of warnings and stuff you didn’t see when someone presented your car? As for tags, all the posts must have tags and comments, the users can disable them from the WP interface or not use them, but you must offer them, that’s in the standard WP. Trust the reviewer, he knows what he’s doing.

Mmmm thats weird, how come I don’t have them in the other theme and they didn’t say anything? While you are at it let me ask you to see if you know about these stuff :D:

- As “sticky posts” are a core feature, the theme should style and display them appropriately. (what are sticky posts?)

- Floats are cleared properly for floated element (thumbnail image) at the end of the post content.

- Themes are required to support display of comments on static Pages (is this true? if it is, how does it work, should the user be able to hide/show them from a tickbox or something? I never heard of this before)

Here is the theme in question:

skywarriorthemes.com/fundingpress

I have the feeling that he thinks this is a multipurpose theme or something. Surely depending the kind of theme it is there must be some exceptions or something like sticky posts :/

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Sticky posts are a core feature of WP. For them I add just this selector in CSS, since they’re not really related to my themes at all, if someone wants to use them and stylize them, they can use that selector.

.sticky { }

for the second thing, if you’re using floats, make sure your clear them properly so the layout won’t be messed up.

for the comments, yes, all the posts and pages should have comments by default, the user can disable them from the Screen Options > Discussion tab.

+4 more
Skywarrior says

Sticky posts are a core feature of WP. For them I add just this selector in CSS, since they’re not really related to my themes at all, if someone wants to use them and stylize them, they can use that selector.
.sticky { }

for the second thing, if you’re using floats, make sure your clear them properly so the layout won’t be messed up.

for the comments, yes, all the posts and pages should have comments by default, the user can disable them from the Screen Options > Discussion tab.

Ok awesome thanks for the feedback. Hopefully after the 1000th change it will be finally approved :)

7572 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Maybe the reviewer team should write a list with things to check before submitting a theme.More like a technical page. There are resources around but there are hard to find, don’t ask me where they are.

I understand is a lot of work to do but it may reduce the time involved in checking the items and frustration from the author.

While we are at this it will be great to do it for all marketplaces.

This looks like those bureaucratic nightmare where they ask you for some papers then you get them but you need to find more papers and so on.

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
billyf says

Maybe the reviewer team should write a list with things to check before submitting a theme.More like a technical page.
Better still, they should publish their requirements (technical requirements to be more precise) to save us the hassle of resubmitting an item just because of ‘new guidelines’. Some things like passing Theme Check / valid HTML5 / prohibited codes or plugins should be posted in a public page so that we can check before submitting our items (hence shorten the review queue and also save us the time of uploading / waiting in review queue).
3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

They promised a list like that, with sharp theme requirements.. but is not finished yet or I missed it. That will help a lot.

by
by
by
by
by
by