72 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Ttpmc says

Hello, I am Dimitar (you can call me Dimi), designer with several failed attempts to get an item approved around here. I understand that many of you went through this and in the end turned out that the reviewers were right. I got rejected several times trying to submit a template in the PSD category and as usual i was mad and disappointed at first but i used to ignore my feelings and think with a clear head trying to understand what is wrong with my submission, but not this time! This time the reviewer recommended to convert this into HTML /CSS and try to resubmit (which i appreciate) but the item was rejected again meant to be a PSD template and i worked hard for it. I think that my item meets the required criteria and is credible enough to be approved. Just to be clear, i am not saying this is the best template here but according to my eyes it is good visually, there are 55 PSD files, including 7 color variants, tabs, toggles, tables, gallery (2 styles), lightbox skin, 8 portfolio variants, 3 blog variants and so on. So, what i am asking from you guys is your honest opinion about my template (is it good enough as it is for the PSD category). Please take a look at the whole template (there are 55 images) and draw a final conclusion providing me with a straight honest answer (i will take no hard feelings … i hope so :D)

(The actual images have better quality) https://picasaweb.google.com/105474242553084162230/LightStreakRejectedPSDTemplateOnThemeforest?authkey=Gv1sRgCPHokvWz3anMYA

I apologize for the mistakes (if any) english is not my native language. Also this post may seem rude to some of you but that is not my point.

213 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
agusmu says

it is really hard to submit a PSD template. the TF standard is high.

but, your design has a good potential for HTML Template and Wordpress Theme… ;)

1179 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
mabuc says
agusmu said
it is really hard to submit a PSD template. the TF standard is high. but, your design has a good potential for HTML Template and Wordpress Theme… ;)
+1
72 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Ttpmc says

Thank you guys for your response, i forgot to mention that you can zoom in the images posted above so you can see a better detail. I know that the PSD category has pretty much high standards. I am not a total newbie i constantly follow what is happening around here. I understand that selling a PSD template is different than selling HTML , Wordpress template and so on… they have different goals. For example a PSD template should be pretty much unique, eye pleasing, its got to have variety of options and it should be fully editable and easy to work with because you sell a mock up so the client must like it (very important), buy it and code it. But i am getting confused because ive seen a lot of items approved under the PSD category lately (i dont want to point them out, that is rude) that are lacking all of this features and also are not selling very well (not selling at all almost). So i don’t get it …

356 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
FutureSight says

Don’t give up!

And keep your chin up!

Keep polishing your design and resubmitting, follow instructions in reviewers emails and you will finally get there.

If you are looking forward to get some honest feedback then there you go:

- there are several areas where you got padding and margin issues

- “brand” logo don’t fit there, specially colour!

- Hierarchy would benefit if you could expose “h’s” bit more and is getting lost because badly executed typography in some places

You have to fix fundamental, i.e. technical issues (typo, hierarchy, margins, etc.) then you have to work on uniqueness of your design.

Keep up good work.

Best regards,

Rafal

3415 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Moved to Item Discussion.

72 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Ttpmc says

well, that is an answer! Thanks!

1672 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

Looks nice. I think it needs some more polish, but the most important factor is making your theme unique.

Take yourself some time and research approved themes, you need to design something new, original and eye killer (candy would speak the language better)..

Just don’t give up, we need to kill the reviewers with tons of good works :)

Good luck.

by
by
by
by
by
by