• Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Hi VF,
I think this is an important issue and this is regardless how it is easy to fix it.
An author simply misses a one possible chance to show his/her other item to potential customers.
We need all of the possible chances and opportunities… ;)

^ In fact I say the same in a weak / tired way; with that understanding that small glitches will never be solved here.

1477 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

Hi VF,
I think this is an important issue and this is regardless how it is easy to fix it.
An author simply misses a one possible chance to show his/her other item to potential customers.
We need all of the possible chances and opportunities… ;)
^ In fact I say the same in a weak / tired way with that understanding that small glitches will never be solved here.

I hope they solve it, it should be fixed.

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ May be but history doesn’t says they care about fixing anything. See the time stamps of these posts:

http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/more-items-by-xyz/34978 http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/mistake-on-more-item-by-section/54365 http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/more-items-by-bug-/58958?page=1

So what we need to assume is the very quality of this system is what it is already. I afraid these posts shouldn’t divert their plans and workflow on current development process. Unless they fix something by their own intention, we need to assume it is there that way for a reason; weird and sad.

1477 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
Bedros says

Any replies from staff..?

Currently any potential customer sees the very same item’s thumbnail at the More Items By AuthorName section in the very same item’s page as the purchaser already looking to.
This comes more important to new authors, because if one has two items, completely misses an opportunity to promote his/her other file.

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

This was a know issue, they already aware. But who cares about such micro glitches. The amount of time spent by the authors digging this issue is huge comparing to the time it takes to just fix it. Someone just hesitating to add a +1 or -1 while handling array data. Show one extra item and problem solved; this way no items will be invisible, while the cache-ing can be the same as of now .

it’s a glitch which could cost sales :P

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

This was a know issue, they already aware. But who cares about such micro glitches. The amount of time spent by the authors digging this issue is huge comparing to the time it takes to just fix it. Someone just hesitating to add a +1 or -1 while handling array data. Show one extra item and problem solved; this way no items will be invisible, while the cache-ing can be the same as of now .

Yeah, costs sales of author, not Envato. A missing sale for author X may be ok as long as the buyer clicks purchase button of a random author Y. This is what keeps Envato investing least possible intelligence on the entire item description, comments and everything that connects author and buyer.

181 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Lithuania
MRMdesigns says

Yeah, costs sales of author, not Envato.

So, you are trying to say that Envato should’t care about authors?

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ I say the opposite. I repeat the same with different words; Envato needs to care about authors and buyers; and invest the development resources (atleast a fraction) on this area. The reason they are hibernated is obvious, they have fixed number of sales no matter they improve the system or not, authors are the ones mostly affected with such a bad situation / ignorance with development.

181 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Lithuania
MRMdesigns says

So I hope then, they will fix this, if it’s so easy, as you said :)

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ Yeah, it is just a matter of like removing one -1 on the code at the cost of showing 1 more item on that area. Code and developer availability is not a matter; it is about attention and care towards such things.

by
by
by
by
by
by