1525 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

1. You are using too many custom image sizes. The maximum allowed is 8. http://envato.d.pr/oeY1/uj0znCUO?

Somehow i cannot find this in submission requirements.

Point is that we have some options for additional random image views, removing this or changing require from us to remove some functionalities of the theme.

Any feedback would be great. thank you

626 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

Point 1 i’ve never heard of, but sounds kind of like a good point. Building sites is more than just getting a working thing which looks nice. Thinking about not having you server bloated full with too many image files etc. are also things to think about.

Point 2 – don’t know realy – it’s the only solution i found to remove the standard inline styles that WP includes.

296 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
crossroad says

Permitted or not, this is really a bad idea to create so many different image sizes. You are creating 12 custom image sizes, WordPress will create 3 default sizes + 1 original image. So you will be creating 16 image copies for a single image, which is A LOT, as it will be using lots of server reources.

Also note, many users might not even use the features. For example if someone is using 3 columns masonry layout, s/he wont be using 4 columns layout as well. Similarly with the portfolio, blog grid, team image sizes. You are generating too many extra image sizes which will never be used by a user.

1525 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Yes, but if we have more options, different styles what then? Since we have an option to have more views on more pages, so actually we do allow that in our themes because we got quite some demands for that. For example they want multiple blogs on one page with each having its own view… now if this is not permitted we cannot offer this function.

1352 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

Yea that basically creates 13 images including thumbnail, small, medium, large and original images.

1185 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

I should agree with the reviewer. Too many images generated that could never be used.

My sugestion would be to generate images on the fly and use a cache system to determine and use static copies.

OffTopic: How can you read this red color? I guess this is a bad contrast generated by the software that have created the screenshot, else it is not very eye friendly. :)

1484 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

My suggestion would be to look into resizing on demand, I suggest this library: https://github.com/derdesign/mr-image-resize

I have also written a small WP plugin that hooks into default image resizing that WordPress does, that also generates images only when needed, and not on upload (add_image_size is still used, so no change in your theme code): http://wordpress.org/plugins/optimize-images-resizing/ (github).

Maybe you could make use of the code to get around this restriction (by explaining the reviewer what it does).

51 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Located in United States
+6 more
RescueThemes says

We’ve been very happy with this solution too:

https://github.com/bfintal/bfi_thumb
1525 posts