101 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
PixelBook says

My wordpress theme got rejected several times which is making me think that I’m the worst web designer in the world :)

Seriously now, the theme got rejected for the same reason (quality standard). I tried to improve it a little but got the same result.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Demo

Please stop saying that it looks like X theme or Y theme because if you look carefully it doesn’t, and it’s insulting.

Thanks in advance!

101 posts
+2 more
PixelBook says

anyone?

25 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
PhilippS says

I don’t think that it’s bad. It just looks very ordinary to me, especially the header. Try to add something that makes the template more recognizable.

101 posts
+2 more
PixelBook says

i would try to add a login form, but I don’t think this is such an important factor. It has to be something else

40 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Czech Republic
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
neurro says

That design is nice, a like it. Try do different features in structure, or use more colors or images, i think it can be approved, i dont know why they rejected it for quality standards.

101 posts
+2 more
PixelBook says

thanks

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

First thing that hits me is the poor visual hierarchy & typography.

Secondly it looks similar to some themes on here. You can be rejected for this. It looks similar to the striking theme.

My advice is too see the difference between your theme and others that got approved on that day.

308 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
brainbuzzmedia says

You use nearly the same exact footer as Striking. How can people not notice this? It literally would not be possible unless you were staring at that theme while designing it.

55 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
curtisaallen says

Hey cristy4s,

I like the over all design. Maybe move the logo up a little and work on making the nav standout a little more.

143 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
cramdesign says

Well it certainly isn’t that bad. It has all the right features and is cleanly presented with lots of little animations. However, I can also see why it was rejected… especially if your reviewer was using safari on a mac. On safari, the footer looks horrible. Really. Not sure what happens there but it is bad enough that it could get rejected on that alone. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt so I fired up firefox and it looks nice there, so… get safari and check it out. (or shoot me an email and I will send you a screenshot if you have no access to safari mac)

Aside from the mac issue, I think it is just a bunch of little things. The header is a bit bland… in my opinion, this is the most likely area that a buyer would replace/restyle so bland is fine but not sure that everyone would feel the same way. I don’t care for how the drop down starts right at the top of the featured area with a bit of shadow peeking out. Maybe center the menu in the area vertically. Make something a bit nicer for the logo. I would have no problem with the icons in the content areas on the home page because I would be using my own content, but it looks a bit generic as it is. Also, I would prefer that the image area left align with the text below. As it is, centered in the div I assume, it is just slightly off… it should either be more off or aligned.

On a side note, is this your own framework or did you start with something? I ask because I want to make a theme myself and am a bit overwhelmed with starting…

by
by
by
by
by
by