270 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Canada
+6 more
iZZYMedia says

Evolution of Man, Monkeys who became Man in centuries , this was the concept when I was working on an animal icon series for an illustration course in university.

This monkey is from there. But this is not the only reason I use it. I love monkeys, they are playful , cute, funny and smart.

Another reason is that I used to play monkey island adventure game series from lucasarts, those are my lifetime best games that ever played. I still play it on iPad.

So that’s why I choose this icon as my avatar and I really like it.

What’s the story behind your avatar?

257 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
mucahitgayiran says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wguh9gEMiA4

my avatar is from this old mosque’s fresco. this is a perfect historical building in turkey, sivas city. this was made in 1228.

257 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
mucahitgayiran says

BTW good topic :)

270 posts
  • Located in Canada
+6 more
iZZYMedia says

I had never seen such great form in mosques, the two lines that crossed in the left and right is a commonly used for borders of texts on buildings and paintings, but others kind of new to me. Thanks for sharing.

1842 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

Monkeys seem to work (mail chimp etc), i was advised by Charles(the giant on GR) to have an avatar so that I would be recognised by it. In haste, this is what I came up with, but, only for the time being till I switch to something more cooler :)

270 posts
  • Located in Canada
+6 more
iZZYMedia says

Monkeys seem to work (mail chimp etc), i was advised by Charles(the giant on GR) to have an avatar so that I would be recognised by it. In haste, this is what I came up with, but, only for the time being till I switch to something more cooler :)

I was going to tell you that do not change your avatar so much. cause it’s very important to have a permanent visual identification , in this case avatar. Then you came up with this avatar. As I remember you had your photo and a Facebook item thumbnail as your avatar. I said to my self that is this guy going to change his avatar with every icon he is creating :) true story. But I was(am) new and advise from new guys seems kinda lame ;) but believe me I am not new in visual arts. I like your new avatar by the way.

1842 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

Yes! IZZY , this will stay for a longggg time :)

703 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
EliIsakov says

I will change my logo/header…etc… perhaps in the start of next year ??...going with somethign new…every year…I suggest..you just change the color of the monkey yearly :D would be nice to see lol.

500 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Bosnia and Herzegovina
+3 more
Lifer says

...I always use variations of spades for avatars, an eternally recognizable icon that in my case has not much to do with gambling but Motorhead…

Lemmy for the win!

270 posts
  • Located in Canada
+6 more
iZZYMedia says

I will change my logo/header…etc… perhaps in the start of next year ??...going with somethign new…every year…I suggest..you just change the color of the monkey yearly :D would be nice to see lol.

I don’t think changing a logo every year is a great Idea, cause this is the only thing visual people remember you by, and this site full of those people. You remember a sign for years but you forget the name of the sign in minutes , so this is important to have a permanent logo for years if you are doing your job seriously. Changing color of logo should be very thoughtfull though.

But In my case adding emotion to logo works for me, you can see in my profile and in tweeter follow button, the monkey is keeping the tweeter bird in his mouth. It’s not obvious and need an accurate look of audience. in envato follow icon he is looking for a follow.

I will think of other emotions and maybe colors that fits that emotion.

by
by
by
by
by
by