80 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
urbanray says

You cannot submit same theme twice to different categories. However you can without problems add WooCommerce in update to your existing theme, then make a request to change category to eCommerce.
Look at this. I think is acceptable. However this is strange.
http://themeforest.net/item/supernova-ecommerce-responsive-theme/3463484 http://themeforest.net/item/supernova-premium-responsive-theme/3414993

I’m very interested to know also why the second theme is approved when its exactly same WordPress theme with just an additional plugin. In this way all authors can add plugins to their themes and resubmit as new theme which will definitely ruin this market place. Is there anyway to get the official answer on this?

529 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kriskorn says

In my honest opinion, this is accepted by Envato and Themeforest Reviewers. Have a look into some categories, there are themes that are the same and sit in Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, some are in Woocommerce, Magento, Jigoshop. It would be odd if they reject you.

80 posts
urbanray says

In my honest opinion, this is accepted by Envato and Themeforest Reviewers. Have a look into some categories, there are themes that are the same and sit in Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, some are in Woocommerce, Magento, Jigoshop. It would be odd if they reject you.

Its ok to have same theme for the different platforms (for example you can have same theme theme for Joomle and WordPress because they are different cms), but having same theme for same category (WordPress) with just a new plugin should not be accepted.

266 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Vasterad says

Its ok to have same theme for the different platforms (for example you can have same theme theme for Joomle and WordPress because they are different cms), but having same theme for same category (WordPress) with just a new plugin should not be accepted.
Well said, +1
529 posts
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kriskorn says

True, but I think I have seen this behaviour too. Let’s wait for an official answer.

// I requested a Staff Reply for the OP.

1081 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

Exactly!

159 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeProfuse says

Still waiting for reply from envato Staff

4377 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Dzinc says

Hi guys, thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delay. I’ve just spoken to the review team and the answer is yes, you can submit an existing theme as a new theme adapted to the e-commerce category.

If you need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks!

150 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Canada
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
jdsans says

Hi guys, thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delay. I’ve just spoken to the review team and the answer is yes, you can submit an existing theme as a new theme adapted to the e-commerce category.

Then Vice-versa is also true. Is it????

988 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
purethemes says

That’s again something new. It would be nice to have the list of things we can and cannot do.

by
by
by
by
by
by