4668 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

I want everyone to carefully look at this image below, and notice how poorly the navigation to each page has been implemented. (that blue strip is my taskbar on Win7)

\\

If you are a buyer that wasn’t that familiar with the site, you might not even notice that there is a navigation below the EnvatoStudio banner only if you scrolled past that banner – which means they might not get past the first page, so if you’re not that first page – you’re not going to get sales from that buyer. It’s particularly bad on PhotoDune but this can also be applied to all marketplaces.

Why is the page navigation hidden below the Envato Studio banner like this, it doesn’t stand out at all.

\\

I understand Envato wants to promote EnvatoStudio, but I think this is a little bit too far, why not put that banner under the page navigation? don’t worry people will still see it. Envato Studio is an “outside” the marketplace site so the banner shouldn’t have so much preference, and besides it seems to be up and running and going strong, I think Collis said something about 1 million dollars already sold? Sounds good…. so how about’s we make the navigation more user friendly by moving that banner somewhere else so customers can find our work easier? I was on PhotoDune now, and I actually thought for a second there was only one page while I was browsing. You have to make the navigation clear to the user, it’s the most important thing – this is just basic UX stuff. But it seems Envato would rather sacrifice userability on one site for exposure and profits on another site, and that’s just sad. Why does Envato make it harder for buyers to navigate this site? Why not make the sites super user friend and awesome? I don’t understand.

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

your input is logic and we’ve already pointed out this issue to the staff when that banner showed up. They did nothing to fix/improve this issue. I assure you they read our feedback on this so no excuse there.

There was a frenzy activity a couple of weeks ago where staff changed search and implemented this and that, but now looks like everything calmed down or maybe they just don’t inform people on forums about the changes.

Collis made a video a couple of days before those ads appearing in search results, where he promised that ads will never appear in any place of the marketplace. Unfortunately these ads (paid or not) did show up and still are there even when we asked some clarification of this promise at the time.

4668 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Collis made a video a couple of days before those ads appearing in search results, where he promised that ads will never appear in any place of the marketplace. Unfortunately these ads (paid or not) did show up and still are there even when we asked some clarification of this promise at the time.

Oh yeh I remember that video, something about the 2020 company vision being about “helping the community to succeed”... so hiding the page navigation between two Envato Studio banners for 5 months was obviously the first step in the 2020 master plan :D

1717 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+6 more
Firsh says

Add .envato-studio-promotion to the element hiding rules of Adblock plus :) I do that everytime I’m annoyed by something somewhere. Too bad I can’t do that on the street or on my neighbour’s dog.

2179 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+6 more
urbazon says

[sarcasm] @digitalscience and @doru: who are you to tell envato team what to do. You’re just authors/buyers who regularly browse these marketplaces, but they have a few GUI/UX experts in their team [/sarcasm]

6025 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I learnt this lesson after some point. As long as the long time authors/users complains certain things – the complaint loses value! Not just here but everywhere! :D ( I don’t think recent / new authors complain about these kind of strategies – so something we old authors need to grasp?! )

\\

1023 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

Although I am not a new buyer on the marketplaces, it happens to me quite often…

I search for something on graphicriver or videohive, then the pagination is not very visible (I always forget it’s under the Envato Studio banner), then I think these are all items found and I then search for something else….too bad… I agree, good items on secondary pages are not reachable.

166 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
codeblvck says

no [language removed] are given at envato HQ.

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

about envato studio, I have an account there and services on display.

if one searches for videos on videohive it will probably see a studio box about video services, and if you click “Custom video&animation services” you will get to a page where my service is first on the list.

Soooo, :D:D

not really sure if they need to remove the ad. :) at this point. :)

actually, can we get these ads back on each author profile page as it was in the beginning? Even better if we can see them on each item page!

I’m saying is great that envato promotes this new marketplace here don’t get me wrong :)

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Was very angry about ads on profile pages, not seeing the fact that maybe in the future those ads will help me :)

Such and idiot to ask for their removal :) never get the correct decision.

by
by
by
by
by
by