57 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
PurpleNinja says

After a long search I ended up in the conclusion that in complex sites, the responsive design is harmfull in these kind of sites. But many themes in themeforest are supporting responive design instead of makinf separate themes for mobiles/tablets. Why is this happening?

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
ReadyCommerce says

I have the same question. Is the anybody need this slow, change-on-browser-scaling design? Which look awful on 28’ monitor.

Why don’t they make 3 different designers for PC-Tablets-Smart?

Please tell me where’s I’m missing?

3667 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

While i agree wholeheartedly with you we have to remember the purpose of the marketplace.

Some would argue that responsivity means a single build for all devices and here authors are trying to appeal to the masses most of whom would not bother to purchase different versions for different devices. It is not really cost effective for an author to code 3 different versions for a single sales package. Plus I am sure that to inexperienced users the “responsive” action is a sales boost and looks cool.

While I do see the value in responsive design, have nothing against it and see why authors here use it, from a user experience, site objective and personal preference view I agree that device purposed version are more effective.

57 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
PurpleNinja says

Chrome Mobile Monthly: Responsive vs Separate Sites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVPJcw5-WNc#!

by
by
by
by
by
by