41 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
websiteking says

Hi and thanks for reading. I made a PSD template but it got turned down for not being ‘asthetically pleasing enough’ http://www.websiteking.co.uk/temp/momacs.jpg

I am looking to give it away as linkware but simply can’t find a website that gives away free psd’s made by someone other than the owner of the actual website…any ideas?

I also created a basic CSS site (Mac themed) and am looking for a website that will allow me to give that away as linkware too.

Any ideas/url’s appreciated.

I am not looking to give these files away as a means for people to make a quick $ on TF or any other such site.

537 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

Hi websiteking,

Why don’t you put it on your own blog or site.

156 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SachaG says

I like it. I think it would be accepted as a html template. You should post it on deviantart, there’s a lot of free PSDs over there.

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

The biggest issue is that you can’t use those Apple images on a ThemeForest template.

41 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
websiteking says

JeffryWay: I have permission to use the Mac images (I still have the email from the guy that made them).

Koroshiya: Thanks for the feedback, what do you think is wrong with it? I want to learn about what TF likes b4 I make any more. Thanks.

Hein: Thanks m8, I’m actually thinking about making my own portfolio so that’s an idea.

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

@websiteking – You have permission from Apple? Just because you have some guy’s permission doesn’t mean that you’re allowed to use their logo without their permission.

707 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ChillThemes says

I think the problem may be with them being an Apple product, and they could issue a cease and desist letter. I’m no expert when it comes to law.

I’d code the layout and then submit it(minus the Apple branded computers). DeviantART is your best bet if you’re looking to give it away.

171 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

Seems a bit lame to blame it on the Apple placement. Other templates clearly didn’t get the same restriction.

Stick to the original statement: this just isn’t aesthetically pleasing enough.

93 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Alexhughes says

I have to agree with clarklab maybe because the image supplied doesn’t really do it any justice (sorry if that is the total design).

68 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
rblalock says

I don’t think the issue is *REALLY the iMac images. I ran into a similar problem with others saying you can’t use Apple’s products as images (nor use their product names in a post). I called their legal department and asked about it and they snidely laughed and responded, “Well, if we COULD control screenshots of our products like that, we would.” The only restriction they can really enforce, legally, is the “endorsement” bit. If you are portraying an image in a way as to make it look like Apple is endorsing your product….it’s illegal.

Obviously you can’t use Apple’s images (i.e. from their website) of their own products without permission.

If anyone needs to use their images, you should write them. I have found them friendly and helpful.

by
by
by
by
by
by