270 posts New Elite in Town!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
icypixels says

This is awesome! Thank you Envato and thank you Search team for implementing long awaited features like a better and more relevant search system and also comment searching! :)

Great job!

3748 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

Thanks a bunch. One step forward!

474 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iHelp says

Great!

Could you change the “landing page” to the latest comment page upon clicking on the item comments link on the item profile page instead of being on page 1 please?

Thank you!

713 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

This is great!

But the display order is not good. Results must be sorted from new to old. Older comments might be affected by old item bugs

117 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
NenadVFX says

It’s nice thing, but I think that it needs a lot improvement:

- First of all “enter terms of search” option is cool, but why we need to first enter something to be able to filter it to “all comments” or “buyers & author only”. What if I want to see all buyer comments… Buyers will probably look for that first when checking some item comments.

- Only when you enter something you get ability to sort it by “newest” “oldest”. That Newest/Oldest sorting option should be by always presented.

- After this implementation I don’t understand why you changed that oldest comment (first page) is presented first now. I don’t like that at all, and also authors who update they products (themeforest for example) probably will not like it too. I think that Newest comment by default should be presented as a first one.

236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in New Zealand
madlep Envato team says

I think the comments used to default to the last page when opening up, but now it is going to the first page. I’m not sure we want to display the oldest comments first, especially if an item is a couple years old.

Could you change the “landing page” to the latest comment page upon clicking on the item comments link on the item profile page instead of being on page 1 please?

- After this implementation I don’t understand why you changed that oldest comment (first page) is presented first now. I don’t like that at all, and also authors who update they products (themeforest for example) probably will not like it too. I think that Newest comment by default should be presented as a first one.

Yup. Good spot. Will fix that.

- First of all “enter terms of search” option is cool, but why we need to first enter something to be able to filter it to “all comments” or “buyers & author only”. What if I want to see all buyer comments… Buyers will probably look for that first when checking some item comments.

- Only when you enter something you get ability to sort it by “newest” “oldest”. That Newest/Oldest sorting option should be by always presented.

More good feedback. Will look at what’s involved changing it to work that way.

1625 posts Building the Web.
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
ZoomIt says
236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Located in New Zealand
madlep Envato team says

I think the comments used to default to the last page when opening up, but now it is going to the first page. I’m not sure we want to display the oldest comments first, especially if an item is a couple years old.

Yup. Good spot. Will fix that.

I just pushed another fix for this one too. It should now default to the last page of comments when you haven’t done a search – the same as it was before.

491 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

So happy to see ship, great work!

1420 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market