• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Romania
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
icypixels says

This is awesome! Thank you Envato and thank you Search team for implementing long awaited features like a better and more relevant search system and also comment searching! :)

Great job!

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

Thanks a bunch. One step forward!

457 posts
  • Austria
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
iHelp says

Great!

Could you change the “landing page” to the latest comment page upon clicking on the item comments link on the item profile page instead of being on page 1 please?

Thank you!

672 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+1 more
LCweb says

This is great!

But the display order is not good. Results must be sorted from new to old. Older comments might be affected by old item bugs

117 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
NenadVFX says

It’s nice thing, but I think that it needs a lot improvement:

- First of all “enter terms of search” option is cool, but why we need to first enter something to be able to filter it to “all comments” or “buyers & author only”. What if I want to see all buyer comments… Buyers will probably look for that first when checking some item comments.

- Only when you enter something you get ability to sort it by “newest” “oldest”. That Newest/Oldest sorting option should be by always presented.

- After this implementation I don’t understand why you changed that oldest comment (first page) is presented first now. I don’t like that at all, and also authors who update they products (themeforest for example) probably will not like it too. I think that Newest comment by default should be presented as a first one.

236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
madlep Dev says

I think the comments used to default to the last page when opening up, but now it is going to the first page. I’m not sure we want to display the oldest comments first, especially if an item is a couple years old.

Could you change the “landing page” to the latest comment page upon clicking on the item comments link on the item profile page instead of being on page 1 please?

- After this implementation I don’t understand why you changed that oldest comment (first page) is presented first now. I don’t like that at all, and also authors who update they products (themeforest for example) probably will not like it too. I think that Newest comment by default should be presented as a first one.

Yup. Good spot. Will fix that.

- First of all “enter terms of search” option is cool, but why we need to first enter something to be able to filter it to “all comments” or “buyers & author only”. What if I want to see all buyer comments… Buyers will probably look for that first when checking some item comments.

- Only when you enter something you get ability to sort it by “newest” “oldest”. That Newest/Oldest sorting option should be by always presented.

More good feedback. Will look at what’s involved changing it to work that way.

1601 posts Building the Web.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+2 more
ZoomIt says
236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
madlep Dev says

I think the comments used to default to the last page when opening up, but now it is going to the first page. I’m not sure we want to display the oldest comments first, especially if an item is a couple years old.

Yup. Good spot. Will fix that.

I just pushed another fix for this one too. It should now default to the last page of comments when you haven’t done a search – the same as it was before.

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

So happy to see ship, great work!

1402 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years