- Exclusive Author
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
michellerobinson saidWhat’s the point of this?
Comments search on the Author Dashboard is still in development and shouldn’t be too far away – we’ll be shipping that as soon as it’s ready.
Initially I wondered about this but closed my mouth as the staff is new here – to reduce my crime rate. May be they are thinking author dashboard comments are never cleared by authors or the authors need to search something from the comment of all the items? Crazy!
When it rains, it pours!
Three extra issues:
1. The TITLE tag should reflect the query.
2. Using multiple words expands the results rather than reducing them. It should be the opposite. See: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/item-comment-search-is-here-finally/113958?page=2#928248
In my item comments, searching for “downloadable” returns 105 comments, but the more specific “downloadable products” returns 637 comments (that’s 38% of all comments on this item). That’s pretty useless to somebody looking for info about that particular product type in Magento.
3. The relevancy algorithm is prioritizing partial string matches “download” over exact matches “downloadable products”.
- Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Exclusive Author
- United Kingdom
Nice! I really like how Envato adds things one step at a time like this without drastically changing other features and style of the websites. Google, on the other hand, changes everything about Youtube every time they decided to update it.
Thank you Envato! It’s really cool
Thank you Envato!
Just what I needed! Thanks a lot, keep up the good work
madlep saidI just pushed another fix for this one too. It should now default to the last page of comments when you haven’t done a search – the same as it was before.
I think the comments used to default to the last page when opening up, but now it is going to the first page. I’m not sure we want to display the oldest comments first, especially if an item is a couple years old.iHelp said
Could you change the “landing page” to the latest comment page upon clicking on the item comments link on the item profile page instead of being on page 1 please?NenadVFX said
- After this implementation I don’t understand why you changed that oldest comment (first page) is presented first now. I don’t like that at all, and also authors who update they products (themeforest for example) probably will not like it too. I think that Newest comment by default should be presented as a first one.
Yup. Good spot. Will fix that.
You magnificent people!
that’s great and a really useful feature
The link in the email notification is wrong. It links to
while it should link to
Please note that also the “page” variable is different!
Yup. That’s a bug. Fixed now.