10 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
DiamondTheme says

We have uploaded our one-page theme “WindCake” but it was hard-rejected. Need some inputs from themeforest authors on what might be the reason for rejection.

Demo URL : http://we-biz.biz/windcake/blue/

1276 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
fuelthemes says

Just a personal preference, but the slider is very awkward. When you click on next, it does not have a transition.

948 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+1 more
tommusrhodus says

Quite severe scroll lag in Safari 7.0

280 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
cosmincotor says

A reason should be included in your rejection email, so make sure you check it.

The template is not bad, try to remove that custom scroll bar because it affects performance in some browsers, and improve the slider and portfolio.

Add some effects to the slider, it’s just too simple now, and maybe some lightbox/details window for each portfolio item.

Good luck! :)

16 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
WS-Theme says

The Map with the Overlay looks not very well … and maybe you have to add more Color Options in the Switcher?! Also the Testimonial Section looks really strange on a large display! But nice Theme …!!

296 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CodeFusion says

I’m not a TF author so I don’t know what constitutes a hard vs soft rejection; but design wise, here is what I see:

• Slider text hard to read – maybe “soften” the images to help the text stand out.
  • Services: The image bg transition and the h4 color change are not in sync – feels clunky. Probably don’t need to change the color of the h4 beings as the img bg changes.
  • Services: at min-width one line of text wraps under image
  • Prices: Again, different (or lack of) transition on all the elements
  • Testimonials: The “width” does not match anything else – white space on left & right when viewed with 32” screen. The Slider and Map are full width – but the testimonial slider comes up short (too small/narrow of bg image). Maybe do a overflow hidden to match column width or make image bigger/wider to take up full screen width.
  • Testimonials: at min-width h1 line breaks
  • Testimonials: at min-width Prev / Next almost cover testimonial_title
  • Team Members: at min-width title line breaks
  • Blog: Post Meta: hover to unhover – bottom border disappears while color is still in transition.
  • Blog: at min-width “Post Title” breaks line
  • No “back to top” and/or sticky menu – bad UX for really long pages. – I feel “stuck” and have to manually scroll – a lot.
  • The page “jumps” right – scroll bar
  • Responsive: menu different order than non-responsive (blog in middle versus end)

These design things seem rather trivial to call for a hard rejection. Maybe have a look at: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/472/85/wordpress-theme-submission-requirements and make sure your theme is compliant – I’m pretty sure that “violating” one or more of those would cause a hard rejection.

I really like the theme – especially the colors!

4128 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

I stopped making a habit from replying to these threads, but I really like your theme, so here’s my two cents on it!

• on my 1920 display the text is out of center on the image slider
  • The custom scroll is annoying, to say the least!
  • Typography for the under slider columns needs improvement, if not for the headings the paragraphs for sure! Try a line height of 18 – 20 22 px , and the font size at least 12 pixels for paragraphs!
  • The price boxes shadow is too hard on my eyes at least, they look … sort of unfinished, like they need some polishing! Maybe the text under basic premium ultimate a little wider! Same goes for font size, line height improvements and font size improvements
  • The buy now buttons from the boxes, maybe a little smaller, the font a little smaller as well, at the moment, when looking at it, all that pops in my eye is buy now and the image, the text is invisible
  • Testimonials section, make the background fullwidth, the bleed margin on the sides look strange! For me at least
  • Team members section, I would personally make the text in it a little more compact, the margin between the box and text of 20 30 pixels!
  • The bottom contact section looks rather incomplete, some social icons a contact form, some contact information would make it sweet!
  • Other than that, I really like it! Good luck with “fine tuning it” mate!

This is my personal opinion as an author, not as an Envato representative, my opinion does not guarantee the item’s approval!

Later Edit: CodeFusion has some great opinions as well!

3991 posts Community Team
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Brazil
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Dzinc Staff says

This thread is now in › Item Discussion

10 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
DiamondTheme says

Thanks to @fuelthemes, @TommusRhodus, @cosmincotor, @WS-Theme , @CodeFusion and @Enabled for taking time and giving out valuable suggestions. It really motivates a new author.

Envato community is great. Special thanks to @Enabled

We will do all the changes requested by the authors here and submit the theme again.

44 posts
  • Kenya
ParallaxSecond says

that template is awesome, why was it rejected? maybe you have not taken license’s considerations serioulsy. AS far as it validates on W3C, work on the gmaps footer section it’s really annoying. The only transitions am seeing are for the headings/titles, don’t limit yourself on transitions, make the page interesting. just my opinion though.

by
by
by
by
by
by