76 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MikeKondrat says

In one of my product i use references to ipod music player, and have comment from reviewer: “remove any references to iPod, iTunes and Apple. Thanks!” But i found alot of items with same references: http://graphicriver.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=iphone

Can I use ipod, iphone, apd and apple in item naming?

1040 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Alexlasek says

I think, you can use it only, when it`s really necessary i.e. when you create UI/UX dedicated for iPad or iPhone in some resolution, then it`s obvious you will use them in description.

However, you shouldn`t use them, as a tag, just to increase the sell.

That`s against the rules.

Of course, It`s only my point of view but I hope you know what I’m m talking about ;)

Summing up, if you have the item which is not dedicated special for iOS or Android..don`t use them.

cheers

1178 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
chiccosinalo says

i have been puzzled by this too i have also seen such on the marketplace, i think reviewers must come up with a clear statement.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Besides item naming, other issue to me is if you must write the font name and the URL to download the font (used in the design) in the Description or not. Some reviewers soft-rejected me because I need to add the font URL , or I need to add the font name in the Description, not just stated generally as “free font used”. Of course I have this information in my instruction file. It’s kind of weird that I browse many files on GR and found out sometimes the Description even has nothing about the font at all and still being approved. Sometimes with a font-name but not a URL . If it was my item, it had been soft-rejected. Really confused.

philippineoutsourcing
philippineoutsourcing Recent Posts Threads Started
5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+6 more
philippineoutsourcing says

remove references to iPhone / iPad got this today as well … I designed a UI for iPhone and iPad with lots of references to iPhone like screen sizes, retina, ios, etc … I mean it’s a UI for iPhone and i can’t reference iPhone … I don’t know what to do? Anyone, got a good reply from their reviewer … I mean there are tons of iPhone/iPad/iOS templates out there as what @MikeKondrat said. I don’t know why some are being soft rejected for this.

by
by
by
by
by
by