53 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
InfiniWeb says

I dont think front page exposure has any large impact on sales, hardly any of my sales came during the time it was on the front page. Even looking at the current items on the front page, most of them have 0 sales.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
BadeaAdrian says

I just encountered this problem on my last item, to be honest I’m not that upset as I have no faith whatsoever in support and after reading some previous replies I just realized that it is just something unfortunate that is bound to happen at some point in time.

Please edit the upload note message to: (so others will know what to expect)

The GraphicRiver review queue is currently experiencing longer than usual wait times with a slight possibility that your item won’t even appear on the home page. Among other things we apologise for this delay, and want to encourage all authors to continue to upload items at your normal rate so we can accurately predict future queue volumes. Your gullibility is appreciated.

And to sum things up, after “is appreciated.” you can maybe show your gratitude in a similar fashion as Beautiful from Chappelle’s show does.

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Ok, I think Emmanuel may have uncovered the root cause of this! If it’s true, he needs to go into some kind of Dev hall of fame, because he’s the 3rd or 4th dev to take a look :)

Could a few of you please provide links to a few items that you believe should have been on the home page (particularly if you’re sure it wasn’t a delay or caching issue)? We’ll take a quick look at each one to confirm (I’ve already looked at the main three screenshots in this thread), and then let you know what’s going on!

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
BadeaAdrian says
I encountered the issue on this item.

Unfortunately I have no screenshots to prove it; I guess you’ll have to trust me.

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

I encountered the issue on this item.

Unfortunately I have no screenshots to prove it; I guess you’ll have to trust me.

I believe you :)

139 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
Viral-Legacy says

Ok, I think Emmanuel may have uncovered the root cause of this! If it’s true, he needs to go into some kind of Dev hall of fame, because he’s the 3rd or 4th dev to take a look :) Could a few of you please provide links to a few items that you believe should have been on the home page (particularly if you’re sure it wasn’t a delay or caching issue)? We’ll take a quick look at each one to confirm (I’ve already looked at the main three screenshots in this thread), and then let you know what’s going on!

Links to items not ever featured on front page.

Hope this helps.

For the record justinfrench, my last two approved items (not linked here for obvious reasons) DID appear on the front page. The items aboved never did and I did submit tickets for them at those respective times.

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Carmen says

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your feedback. We are working on resolving this asap. :)

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Hi folks, yes, we finally figured this out yesterday and confirmed it over night.

We’re excluding items from the home page based on a small list of specific tags. This change was introduced March 17, 2013. It was supposed to be applied to PhotoDune alone, but it wasn’t.

This is a bug, not a feature, so it will be fixed. Emmanuel has a change ready, it will be reviewed and deployed ASAP. My guess is < 24 hours.

We’ve identified 920 items (from 64 authors) that may have been affected by this bug. The majority of the items were on GraphicRiver, AudioJungle and VideoHive, with a handful on ThemeForest, CodeCanyon and 3dOcean.

To correct this mistake as best we can, the current plan is to modify the “approved” date on the affected items, so that each item appears to be newly approved by the review team.

This is the date we using to find the recent items for the home page, as well as other places where items are sorted by date (portfolios, categories, etc). The plan needs to be checked, double checked and communicated to the affected authors first. We’ll update this thread along the way.

Why do we exclude some tags on PhotoDune?

There are images on PhotoDune that are perfectly acceptable under our mature content policy, but some visitors may consider them not safe for work, so we decided they should be excluded from the home page.

We don’t have any kind of mature content filter (many other stock sites do, and will not display content of a sexual nature by default, even in search results, unless the buyer changes their account settings) so we decided that those images should still be searchable, should still show up in ‘All Files’, but shouldn’t hit the home page.

24 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
HollyMolly says

:D nice!

191 posts Test Subject at Aperture Science
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester