36 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in India
thatsasif says

I am really confused how the price is set of a particular item uploaded by the user.

For Eg mine: FS BACKGROUND TILES -VOLUME 2 - Price is 6$ http://www.flashden.net/item/fs-background-tilesvolume-2/24028

If feel its too less considering the item below…

10 Black Tiled Background – Pattern and Dot - Price is 10$ http://www.flashden.net/item/10-black-tiled-background-pattern-and-dots/22599

Amazing part is the below item…..Just 1 tile Tiled Black Dots Background - Price 8$ http://www.flashden.net/item/tiled-black-dots-background/8975

Does the rate increases automatically with more votes.

Well in this my item is just set to 6$ compared to 10$ item which has same features, instead i am giving as3 code also.

Please explain me out.

58 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
agraddy says

You can contact support if you don’t like the price of your file and see if they can change it.

1955 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Emroni says

If you look at the dates, youll see the $8 was almost a year ago. There werent that many backgrounds here back then, nor authors/buyers. Prices have changed since then, so do take that in account.

Second, I think the prices are rated by the reviewers, who have some kind of list of requirements where it states how much something will add to the total cost of a new file (correct me if im wrong). One previewer can have a different opinion than the other, so prices differ because of that as well

1955 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Emroni says

And yea, you can always contact support

535 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
dimumurray says

I’ve always been somewhat miffed about the lack of transparency with respect to Flash Den’s pricing criteria. Personally I think the most they should have imposed was the upper bound on the cost of items (currently at $40) and then let authors ultimately decide the final price value of their works. That would be more like a true market place with sellers having control of pricing.

915 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
michaelhejja says

Well, the one tiled BG for $8 is a Triworks file. The are an extremely popular FWA award winning, platinum paw selling company. Some will disagree with me, but i think it’s right for the most popular authors and the most popular files to have the highest priced items. Even if it’s not spoken, this will definitely affect how a reviewer prices an item he comes across. That being said, I think your file is very comparable the the one for $10, and should be priced there.

36 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in India
thatsasif says

Thanks for all your comments.

Well I have contacted the Support. Hope so a positive reply comes back.

26 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
clarklin says

there should be some structured system for item pricing because i am actually really anoyed, firstly my files prices increase and then i dont even get told about it. surely the seller should get to decide on item pricing, sure if he sells it too expensive, and noone buys it, its his fault, and if its too cheap its his fault too.

there comes a time when your items price gets increased to an extent that your item you are selling is not competitively priced in which you will lose sales. i am annoyed that they increase my pricing without telling me, so consider yourself lucky?

by
by
by
by
by
by