222 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
OneManBand says

Hello,

I have a preloader that has just been rejected, and I was wondering if I can give it for free here at the forums. I prefer to ask first, because even I suppose that I can do whatever I want with my rejected files, I don’t want to break any rule for posting it here at the forums or something like that.

The preloader simulates the loading sequence of an old computer, specifically the ZX Spectrum.

Let me know if it’s ok with FD rules and if you people are interested!

I prefer to give it for free instead of keeping it dying inside my HD.

Also, I would like to ask here something, as a result of this rejection. The reviewer told me “please consider viewing our Top Sellers page to get a good sense of the aesthetic level of popular files”. Does that mean that every file should be a similar copy in aesthetics from what is already available? Just wondering, I would like to know it for my next files, should I keep a similar look to those top sellers?

PS: Please do not take this as a rant, I understand why my file has been rejected, I know it’s not suitable for many (many) people, but I just had fun while doing it, so I tried to upload. I agree with the reviewer (in part), it just hit me the part about “the looks”.

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LucidStudios says

no you cannot give it for free through flashden forums ;)

1312 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
LGLab says

We can’t give free files through the forum to prevent people from abusing it to get traffic to their site.

You could either improve your file, or if you want to give it away, just google “free flash files” and you’ll find some sites that are there just for that ;-)

4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

I wouldn’t be good to copy someone else’s file. Copying a file is bad. Creating an original aesthetically rich file with unique qualities is good. Do the latter. Don’t copy. The reviewer was just giving you some examples to refer to so that you can get an idea about how you should design something as much visually likable as functionally likable.

222 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
OneManBand says

Ok, then I’m glad I asked before acting :)

I understand that, and it’s a good reason.

@LGLab: well it’s not about improving, the reviewer clearly stated that I should not upload it again. It’s not about improving.

Thanks for your answers!

Edit: @Aw_Shucks: yes, of course, sorry i’m not native-english speaker; i don’t mean copy-as-is, i was trying to say if we should keep ourselves by the bounds defined by those top-sellers, in terms of aesthetics. Thank you!

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Make your own bounds for your designs man. Or have no bounds. Don’t bind yourself to someone else’s designs if it isn’t part of your job.

Make something that would benefit and appeal to the masses.

3714 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

I suppose that could be an idea for a new feature.. a dumpster for all the rejected files, available for $0,50 or something similar..

This would, however, bring along a lot of downsides as well :P

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

:) So then its not worth it. :D

900 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says
I suppose that could be an idea for a new feature.. a dumpster for all the rejected files, available for $0,50 or something similar..

I hope thats a joke :P How the heck would that work

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Cheshire Cat, in all do respect, I think you already know how that would work out. :D

Remember that picture of Benji sitting in his tiny bed? He eventually needed a bigger bed. If what Joost mentioned were implemented< (laughes) > then the problems that would take place as a result would require a solution to be put into affect immediately.

EDIT

The solution here has already been put into affect.—Consider the resulting failures, then reject the idea. HAHA . I’m pretty harsh. LOL

by
by
by
by
by
by