I got a reply from theme reviewer about my first submission. It says,
“1) Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.
2) You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.
3) You might consider improving your design with more unique graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items.
4) This theme falls under “similar themes” and it doesn’t show any uniqueness to make it stand out.
5) I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.”
Design can be viewed here: http://demo.crunchpress.com/the-churchDesign details: Its a responsive design, with 4 jQuery sliders, 4 preset color schemes with option to configure all design elements from panel. It has sermons (audio, video), donation system and events. I also added 2 bonus newsletter templates with it.
Any idea, how can I improve further from here?
Can someone please share his/her thoughts about this.
Try to make different icons, buttons, hover effects and try with smaller font size in menu and logo. Pay attention to paddings and margins, for example “purchase” button and text “Sign up for our newsletter to receive latest updates” have bad margins.
Is a good start. I recommend you more spacing between elements and try with another color scheme. Good luck!
@rayoflightt Thanks for your detailed feedback. Going to work at these details. @htmgarcia Thank you
Anyother things that should be taken care of?
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.