• Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
skyplugins says

Hi,

My first submission to codecanyon has been rejected for not being unique. I don’t really understand because I believe it’s unique in many ways.

• First of all it is a fully skinnable content sldier and comes with 3 different skins.
  • Skins are high quality and easy to use.
  • It can work as a full screen slider. (Resizable)
  • It supports AJAX .

Well, there are lots of other features I could mention here but I don’t want to do that. I will just give a link to live preview so you can decide whether it’s good enough to be sold here.

http://www.flashyfiles.com/universal-jquery-slider/

Another live preview is located here:

http://www.flashyfiles.com/universal-jquery-slider/index2.html

Please tell me what you think.

158 posts
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
Assasain14 says

Another reason they may have declined it is because there are A LOT of sliders already on Codecanyon many being really good and unique. So not a real NEED for another slider. I could be wrong of course, just my thoughts on what you said.

731 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
mordauk says

Perhaps try adding a lot of different transitions and resubmitting?

The slider itself looks great, but as said above, there are a lot of sliders on the site. You’re file being good enough, isn’t always sufficient grounds for it getting accepted.

If you add more transitions and /or other features and resubmit, explaining the enhancements you’ve made, perhaps it’ll get accepted.

755 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
skyplugins says

Perhaps try adding a lot of different transitions and resubmitting?

The slider itself looks great, but as said above, there are a lot of sliders on the site. You’re file being good enough, isn’t always sufficient grounds for it getting accepted.

If you add more transitions and /or other features and resubmit, explaining the enhancements you’ve made, perhaps it’ll get accepted.

I believe adding more transitions won’t make it unique. I want my file to be simple and usable. I’ve made a simple search to see if there are any other full screen content sliders on codecanyon and the answer is NO. This feature alone could stand out as a unique feature.

731 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
mordauk says

You can always respond to the reviewer and give them your arguments (as you have just done here) and also ask for additional feedback for why the item was rejected, and what needs to be done for it to be accepted. It worked for me with one of my items.

320 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
jwmcpeak says

Assasain14 and mordauk have it. We’re saturated with sliders. So much so that only a killer slider is going to be accepted from here on out. What defines killer? I don’t know, but I’ll know it when I see it.

As for full screen: what is full screen? Being resize-able. Just because “resize-able” or “full screen” isn’t listed as a feature doesn’t mean a slider doesn’t support it. Pretty much every slider is resize-able.

... and what needs to be done for it to be accepted.

Frankly, that’s not our job if the issues lie outside of the code. We can provide generalities: need more features, look at existing items, etc. But when it comes down to specifics on what features/options/hooks an item needs in order to be excepted, that’s not what we’re here for.

755 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
skyplugins says

Assasain14 and mordauk have it. We’re saturated with sliders. So much so that only a killer slider is going to be accepted from here on out. What defines killer? I don’t know, but I’ll know it when I see it.

As for full screen: what is full screen? Being resize-able. Just because “resize-able” or “full screen” isn’t listed as a feature doesn’t mean a slider doesn’t support it. Pretty much every slider is resize-able.

... and what needs to be done for it to be accepted.
Frankly, that’s not our job if the issues lie outside of the code. We can provide generalities: need more features, look at existing items, etc. But when it comes down to specifics on what features/options/hooks an item needs in order to be excepted, that’s not what we’re here for.

With my plugin, people would easily be able to develop websites such as http://jaxvineyards.com/ and http://www.lokremise.ch/ Can you point me to a single slider on codecanyon which could do that?

164 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
jrd89 says

Don’t let that discourage you! You have a great looking image slider, I love the design. But like alot of people have said, there are way too many sliders here.

731 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
mordauk says
With my plugin, people would easily be able to develop websites such as http://jaxvineyards.com/ and http://www.lokremise.ch/ Can you point me to a single slider on codecanyon which could do that?
+1 I’d buy it for that exact reason.
5388 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Your slider looks ok.

The Winery link you posted, would in my mind be the way to go in terms of your item being accepted.

Like many have said, sliders are ten a penny, so you need to provide something thats unique.

Not all purchasers on here realise they can tweak your files, to create new effects, with bounce elasticity , velocity and so it can be a case of blind leading the blind.

One very very well regarded admin theme, we bought on here is being used for a development project, however is now utterly unrecogniseable. Both in form and function.

My point is: we saw the potential of the item as a framework from which to build off.

The team behind the scenes at Envato, possibly recognise not all purchasers have that ability, plus purchasers within the marketplaces, want “new” “fresh” and something they havent yet seen on the marketplace.

As such yours could be beautifully coded, and simple to integrate, have no underlying css issues or jQuery conflicts , it just looks a tad “samey”

Good Luck Ste

by
by
by
by
by
by