• Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

I don’t get it anymore… Why the hell is there so many items accepted by envato which are total ripoffs ? i.e. this “Disco City” is hell-a-well known project, and is uploaded by user MarcoHD. Do I even need to make a ticket about this ? So who are the reviewers if they let this through? Ok. yes my angryness is not just made up. I have my own reasons why. My item was rejected because there was this little smoke element.jpeg which i accidently forgot to replace with my own made. Sure its not just about replacing texture. The project itself was not even close tho that of V..deo C..pilots..

This is his project that i used tutorial from and then made it by myself, I just coudnt get those particles to swirl so i just downloaded the project and understood that i were using wrong plug in. This is the tutorial project http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8812/vid1d.jpg

this is my rejected work.. hard work of many hours! http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4637/aeenergygamepctemplatep.jpg

I have no words to describe my dissatisfaction. Maybe if that would ended in soft rejection maybe this would be ok, but now that was just incredible and mean.

So let’s go back to those projects here, wich were made by real authors.. like myself and then copied by authors with no respect to us and which is just hunting for dollars. I couldn’t sleep all night because of that. And in the same moment there are those copiers who just lives easily without doing the hard work? Now ofcourse VH mods will warn me about some very strickt rules of copyright, yeah sure tell it to MarcoHD and that guy who copied super famous Transformers logo sting, and just ripped of the project from M..x A..ter.

No i am not whining.. for real I am realy almost crying because of my angryness and untruth that is going on.

2328 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Sorry man but you just cannot make project’s based on tutorial. :(

1602 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

Sorry man but you just cannot make project’s based on tutorial. :(

Look at the picture that I posted then look at the other picture. Does it look diferent ? :)

My project is not based on tutorial. In deep all our projects are based on tutorials that we were learning from. My project is not based on it I just looked how to make those particles swirl, that is it. I am purist (I love pure AE with no plugins) so I tried my best to make it as realistic as posible.

I didnt copy it, it’s just one detail of many in my hardwork was inspired by this particle effect.

19 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
StareTactics says

Can’t you just rework the element that they are not happy with and resubmit?

5031 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

@Cyzer. It sounds like it could be a pretty minor thing.

Expect an announcement soon about copyright stuff. This is getting out of hand. There are too many projects out there, from authors big and small that are simply taking design work, tutorials, workings, whatever from other people and…. (and here is the crucial part)

trying to pass it off as their own work

That’s called plagiarism.

I personally think that Transforming Logo is a rather grey area and is cited again and again by authors as an excuse for dubious copying activity. If you disagree that the file should be on Videohive, then find the animation that you feel it is copied from and send both links to support and argue your case.

My take on the Transforming Logo, as I’ve written about three times this week already, is that although it is clearly a reworking of the Transformers film logo by Imaginary Forces, it takes a clearly identifiable, piece of work – a Hollywood blockbuster, a film so big that it has become part of our shared cultural landscape. To many, this makes it “quotable”.

Regarding the Videohive file, the file uses the Transformers typeface and is called TRANSFORMing logo. Only someone who had been buried in a swamp for 30 years could fail to recognise the source of this lookalike.

I can’t say that I like the fact that a lookalike file is VH’s number one bestseller, nor do I think the above necessarily makes it immune from legal copyright issues. But practically speaking, the same seems to be tolerated in advertising around the world and certainly where it can be called pastiche, parody or any other kind of twist on the original.

For the sake of balance, here’s Imaginary Forces’ original

http://www.imaginaryforces.com/featured/5/349

I suspect your file was rejected because it contained an element that is not yours to distribute. As for any technical or aesthetic similarity to the Video Copilot tutorial in question, I couldn’t comment, from the still and ‘cos I don’t look at tutorials.

If you want your project to get through 100% for certain, then best if you don’t copy a single thing.

It’s really that simple.

-f.

3900 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+4 more
miseld says

So let’s go back to those projects here, wich were made by real authors.. like myself and then copied by authors with no respect to us and which is just hunting for dollars. I couldn’t sleep all night because of that. And in the same moment there are those copiers who just lives easily without doing the hard work?

I don’t agree with this!

Do you think it’s just enough to upload file to VH and that’s it? Money falls from “SKIES”? For every project i was spending 2-3 weeks and sometimes much more to create, do marketing and sell it. My suggestion is to focus on “WHAT SELLS ” not just on lets create project and take the money. Think about this: If you make your template by tutorial who will buy it? 2-3% of customers? Why to buy something when when they can get same effect for free… When i was starting 1st project i was thinking “what to offer to marketplace with over 400.000 members?”When videohive published my 1st template it sells 3-4x i create another then both sells much after few weeks, more on 5rd or 6th i create similar template to 100’s of other and then sales stop for me. I was realize that i need something original. Now my primary goal is not to create or make something that will bring me 10.000$ or more, my goal is how to stay on marketplace when competition is growing? You can’t sleep why “your project was rejected while others hunting $$$”, i have other nightmares and belive me it’s hard job. Going to bed in 01h and waking up in 06h and pray to God that every single day you have few followers more and few sales think about that…

Btw i like your template with cube it’s great!

460 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Russian Federation
+1 more
white-shade says

I understand your feelings, Cyzer. All we can – take account of our mistakes in the future and to do projects even better. Personally, I rented a studio, hired two models, held three hours of footage and all of my work was rejected because of deficiencies in lighting background. What can I do? I’ll correct my mistakes and will do things right.

1602 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

I did.

I dont know how they are reviewing those projects, if they will be overviewing the metada (hidden information of what items were imported into comp) maybe they wount even check if there is that smoke element.jpeg or not. Maybe the capital judging fact will be that is was there.

But… the main thing is not that, main thing is that they accept other projects that is total 1:1 rip-off. That is the sad part. I realy am waiting for mods to say anything about it. In any way I will not give up just because some man from neighbour country with I guess similar skills rejected my project. I work in postproduction and in TV production as main executing workflow of Visuals and Sounds engineer and those copied-accepted projects are making me into nothing.

460 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Russian Federation
+1 more
white-shade says

“Tommorow is a new day”

Maybe you should calm down. Tomorrow, what has happened already will not seem such a tragedy Reviewers have a difficult and thankless job. They need to respect

100 posts See those pixels dance!
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
happycreative says

I agree with Felt_Tips. To use the Transformers logo as example again – taking an idea or inspiration from popular culture is not the same as basing (or using elements of) a project on a tutorial found on the internet. Safest would be to take in and learn what you can from a tutorial, and then go back to the drawing board and see if you can you can make it your own by using it in conjunction with your own individual skills and style. No use taking parts of a tutorial (however small) and try to sell it as your own. Everyone has internet and has seen the same tutorial you have, hard to fool everyone. (not saying Cyzer tried to fool anyone – just my opinion in general on ‘copying’ stuff from culture vs ‘copying’ from a tutorial).

by
by
by
by
by
by