2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
nejm says

Hello Themeforest,

I’m trying to post my first HTML theme here but I was rejected for two times, so I decided to put it for review here to see if my theme have chances to get accepted after some improvements or to send it to the trash because I don’t want to waste anymore time on it if it doesn’t have any chances to be on the marketplace.

The demo is here

I agree that the theme is not unique at all and there are enough themes with this layout on TF but I tried to give users unlimited possibilities to customize the them by choosing the fonts, colors and backgrounds. These are some possible customization:

1 2 3 4 5 6

So I look for your help to know on which points I have to focus more for this theme or for my future submissions.

Thanks.

101 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
Speed730 says

Hi nejm, i still can improve your work, first use a colors palette, you can go to adobe kuler, i like the block layout of your theme but you need to work on buttons, fonts, white space,icons make the header bigger,make footer more appealing

inspire and create a nice logo, for example from the name of your template “fresh” try to use mint paper in your text, - go to kuler and search for colors “fresh” -google logos gallery and search for fresh and get inspired

From Our Portfolio needs big work, align images with titles, work on image hover state code, change the button style and positing, try to use icon don’t write “read more” add + or link icon

your javascript code is fine i found just 2 issues – header navigation sub-menu expend on 2 pixels after slide down – “From Our Portfolio” hover image state mess with it’s previous image change width of from width : 100% to width : inherit

And in the last i give you one advice : look to your website as it’s someone else work and look for mistakes good luck ;)
2189 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
manuelvega says
Yes , this need ..
  • Better Colors
  • Softer & Less Textures
  • Better Spacing
  • Maybe best Effects
  • Better Typo
  • Especially be more original</il>

My last html was rejected today even reaching HTML standards because TF need most original layouts .. you can see here .

DEMO

Hope that heps ..

2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
nejm says

Thank you Speed730 and manuelvega for your advice, it is really helpful. I will take more time to improve all these points and I will try to add something unique to my theme, because as I see even good designs with the same classic layout are getting rejected.

101 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
Speed730 says

Thank you Speed730 and manuelvega for your advice, it is really helpful. I will take more time to improve all these points and I will try to add something unique to my theme, because as I see even good designs with the same classic layout are getting rejected.

exactly, now the marketplace is all about fresh layout and mobile responsive and interactive animation.

and inspiration is the Key, check http://dribbble.com to get inspired Good Luck

2189 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
manuelvega says

Is quite hard try to stand out with a design but it is necessary, i know nobody returns time & effort in each theme you work , sometimes it is better to leave some items behind and start new ones.
You can always go back to your old theme with more experience and try to improve .. but you must be clear that the standards are always higher ..

by
by
by
by
by
by