Hi all,I’ve uploaded an HTML template on themeforest but got rejected with the following reason:
The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.
Here is the demo: http://tutescu.ro/envolio_html/index.html
Please tell me what I should improve on my theme in order for it to be approved.
Generally I like it, but: -http://postimage.org/image/tt01197af/full/ – every margin is different. Its very simple project, some architecture style like and and it can be very easly seen that margins aren’t unified. http://archinect.com/news – it’s really good example of that.
In that type of desing is really great to sat some basic values like ‘units’ ‘subunits’ like: unit: 20px subunit: 40px bigunit: 80px
And make EVERY single element padding, margin, even height if possible, everything to be multiple of those. It gives a kick : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh872191.aspx
And thats what I can say you – will it be enought? I dont know, it may be not, but I dont know what else I would improve myself.
Thanks kluska for your answer, I will try to improve the spacing and resubmit the template once again.
Anybody else, have other ideas on what I should improve on my template ?
Kluska has suggested you great resources/links ...
Although i am not a big fan of heights , but margins/padding are generally Good for any layout, Overall your theme looks good , but lacks the latest features that most theme are offerings
My suggestions :
1. your Tabs/tab shortcode is breaking when under 480px;
2. Must Add Social links on home page as they are a must feature in any web template/theme
3. Change the css for active-slide in your slider , the active-slider circle is almost the same as other circles.
4. Try giving some more layouts for home page , The home page can have some effects , like hovers/carousels/tooltip etc etc
5. Can correct margin for each section of your footer when under 767px .
6. Table shortcode is breaking when under 600px.
7. Try using icons instead of plain text in your team section social links/may be along with tooltip feature.
Best of luck for future..
kluska and Ameh have already suggested great tips. I think the template is pretty slick but it is very simple. There are some mistakes here and there. You might want to unify paddings, margins. For example, you should level the icon and the search form in the header.
Thank you so much much for the replies. I will try to apply these changes and then resubmit the template again.
Thanks again, teduard.
- Won a Competition
- Exclusive Author
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
sound funny reject :))