35 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
coolcom says

Hi

I have recently got a template rejected so i would like to hear the users opinion about it:

http://lildholdt.dk/green_pasion/index.html

This is the reasons for rejection:

1) The contact page does not validate.

2) You might implement an elements overview page that shows examples of all typography and general content styles.

3) The headings appear to be the same size for the most part through the whole template. You might consider using larger headings for the main content or most important content to help guide the visitor through the content and create a better eye flow.

Number one is true but it is the same contact form i have used for all my templates and there have not any problem before.

Number 2: Partly i have already done this. I have shown blockquote, li, ol and headings.

Number 3: This is not true at all. Alle my heading shave different sizes and even font-weight.

707 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
ChillThemes says

You should make the contact page validate, it’s easy to do. You can’t use li without ul, ol, etc.

The text in the footer is difficult to read because it’s light text on a light background, change it to a darker color.

It may look better if you have more space below your h3 headings, and add more space between the left-border and blockquote.

Use HTML -Ipsum to test commonly used elements.

76 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
g_gilmore says

The sidebar on the right is choppy.

I agree with itsmattadams on the footer text color.

I would pump up the font size in the nav.

Looks good though.

35 posts
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
coolcom says

Maybe there are a few things that could be changed but then again every human is different and likes different things. Stuff like font-size, color and font-weight are very easy to change and everything can be changed in the CSS file.

555 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+12 more
theMOLITOR says

The “services” tab section is based off of a NETTUTS tutorial (looks like it was copied), and I think that’s against “the rules” (i.e. no work based off of a tutorial will be accepted).

I could be wrong…

35 posts
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
coolcom says

I have stated in documentation where it is from and i take absolutly no credit for it. So i do not think that this is a problem.

555 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+12 more
theMOLITOR says

Gotcha. I would still recommend at least changing it to blend in more with your template.

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
brandon93s says

Your footer is currently in the center of your page =P. In my browser anyways…and i refreshed many times and from many angles. Start by fixing this ;)

35 posts
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
coolcom says

It should be in the center of the page.

1 post
tinboo says
It should be in the center of the page.

You might wanna put it at the bottom of the page to follow convention, and to fulfill users’ expectations. Otherwise, your page would look like there’s something “wrong” with it. Besides, you accomplish nothing by putting it at the center.

by
by
by
by
by
by