36 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in India
thatsasif says

Hi, This was the reply sent to me rejecting my file.

Thanks for submitting this file to Flashden. However there are some improvements need to done before it will be accept:

Please name preview file precisely as preview.swf (case sensitive). For more info:

http://www.flashden.net/upload/help?type=flash

Rimmon Flashden Support support@flashden.net

This is the second time my file has been rejected. First time i agree it was my mistake. I did not named the preview file as preview.fla.

I renamed the preview file to Preview.fla and Preview.swf.

Now again it is rejected saying Please name preview file precisely as preview.swf (case sensitive). It will take just a second for moderator to rename it. Also in the instruction section of the uploading it does not say that it should be case sensative.

Regular Preview: Make sure your preview SWF is 590px wide x 300px high. Your preview SWF MUST be named “preview.swf”. You do NOT need to encrypt any of your Flash ?les, we will do this for you.

Fullscreen Preview: For any preview that needs to be displayed larger than 590px wide x 300px high, you MUST provide a preview SWF named “preview.swf”, your original ?le in .FLA format, and an HTML document which calls preview.swf, which MUST be called “index.html”.

I think so this is very wrong way of rejection as the file remains so long time to be approved in queue and it gets rejected with such stupid reason.

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

ha! that’s pretty harsh! the file has to be renamed anyway after its been encrypted, also pretty sure it would not matter as most servers are not case sensitive.

3868 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
flashjunkie says

i laughed at first, more of a laugh of desbelief, but i gotta admit that is harsh indeed.

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
571 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
LeatherwingStudios says

ya gotta remember they receive a bunch of files. if they have to go in and correct every one it slows them way down. just correct your mistake and move on! :)

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

@thatsasif:

You are not the only one who doesn’t name preview file properly. Today I have seen 4 – 5 cases which name the file as Preview.swf. And unfortunately I have to reject all. The point here is, if you name it as Preview.swf it’s just simply you don’t name it correctly. Reviewer will need to change it again to match system requirement.

Yes I can change your file name easily and it’s not the pain in the ass but some of you have embeded it inside an index.html. Me or in general reviewer need to open that index.html, replace all the word Preview.swf to preview.swf. Multiply all these tasks by 4 or 5 times does take a considerable amount of time !

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

@Chuckanucka: File named as preview.swf does not need to be rename again, there is an option of Overwrite Original File Name in SWF Encryption. Make sense ?

1389 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Pdesignx says

don’t blame neither yourself nor reviewer…

sometimes ** happens :D

4682 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

yeh it might seem simple to rename Preview.swf to preview.swf but then the index.html needs to be edited too which I guess can be time consuming if you’re doing it over and over again…

2671 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

pretty sure case does not apply on servers, so you would not have to edit the index.html. Still i can understand the thought behind this, just when you think about it is very harsh!

rim, i did not know you could do that ;-)

563 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+2 more
LuizZak says

It happened with me once, too

by
by
by
by