54 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
coatsrc says

This is the third time one of my themes has been rejected. Here is what the reviewer has said:

This template has a nice concept, but does not meet our approval standards and will need to be improved before being reviewed again.

Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality. This is inline with our recent change in internal reviewing policies.

Here are the links to my file:

Ok I know I am not the best designer around but come on! I don’t understand how this design isn’t “unique enough.” There are no other designs on here that has a concept like mine. I have just as many features on this PSD Template as most other PSD templates have (a home page with 3 optional sliders+a static image in circles, and 5 different styles for a portfolio page). It runs based on a 16 column grid. I don’t know what these reviewers want from me. I don’t know what is missing (extra colors or patterns maybe???) I am beginning to think that this is a waste of time.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1034 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

Okay I’ll try and give you some feedback myself

What I dislike:
- The top bar has a gap at the top
- The navigation looks out of place
- The categories buttons don’t look good
- There seems to be lots of fonts…
- Definitely go with different colour schemes
- The background doesn’t look good.
- On the homepage the “graphic design” “webdesign” etc are not circles? Like the about page
- The drop down menu doesn’t look good

With that said, it does have potential, but you have to understand that it is much harder for a psd template to get accepted over a html template, have you considered coding it out?

On home_page_1.jpg you have 3 circles couldn’t you turn this into the slider? Seeing as it’s all meant to be circles?

54 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
coatsrc says

thanks for the much needed help :)

by
by
by
by