18 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
flash-zone says

Hello fellow Envato users, I just had an item rejected for the second time. Every time the reviewer saying nothing accept “does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements”, when I challenge this I’m met with a brick wall and a reviewer who himself seems to know nothing about design (I won’t post his site here, but it’s terrible). Seems like as soon as you put up a fight to try and get a descent explanation from them they put you on a black list… I’d like some feedback from the community… Am I going mad?

http://www.flash-zone.com/scion/

Many thanks, Chris

533 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Located in Australia
+6 more
simonswiss says

There are a lot of very interesting things in this template – you obviously spent a lot of time working on it.

I like the navigation hover in blue that stacks on top of blue heading and looks like a tab.

I believe you could improve the typography – the white text in the blue header could maybe do with some padding and i’m a bit spooked out by the sections that use full-width as they kinda break the rythm of the design.

Good luck, don’t give up!

18 posts
+3 more
flash-zone says

Thanks for your input simonswiss, I’m pretty much on the edge of putting it up on other sites due to the treatment I have received. I feel it’s a strong template and has a lot of good and original features, and yes it took a hell of long time to create, there are tons of unique scripts I wrote for this. If anyone else is reading this, I’d love to hear your opinion please….

Thanks, Chris

1286 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

I’m pretty much on the edge of putting it up on other sites due to the treatment I have received. It took a hell of long time to create, there are tons of unique scripts I wrote for this.

Hey Chris,

I can assure you that your treatment has been no different than the scrutiny everyone goes through during the increased review standards Themeforest has. Sadly powerful unique scripts does not trump fundamental design flaws, as Simon pointed out above.

You’ve clearly got functionality under control, so now it’s time to start perfecting that design, and again, as Simon said, start with your Typography :)

18 posts
+3 more
flash-zone says

Thanks for the tip Tommus, I like good constructive criticism, I will start there. Also, it wasn’t so much the rejection but the tone of the emails I received afterwards.

90 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
Net-Labs says

and a reviewer who himself seems to know nothing about design

wow Chris I know the feeling. I had Kailoon’s picture on my dartboard for a week. (he was the reveiwer of my first theme submitted)

The truth is that if it wasn’t for Kailoon kicking my but all over the place, I would not have had a chance in the marketplace.

The reviewers know what they are doing, and your success is in getting over the hurt of being rejected and learning to know yourself when your design is not right for publication.

You’re almost there …....keep it up.

533 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Located in Australia
+6 more
simonswiss says

Ah, the good old dready “your item is not quite ready for ThemeForest and cannot be submitted again as it doesn’t meet the minimal quality and aesthetics standards to compete in the marketplace at this time”..

We ALL got this e-mail – i can guarantee you even the top sellers on TF have dealt with some frustration with these..

The Net-Labs message above should be true inspiration for you (and all of us) – he was in the same place where you are now, and if you put the mouse on his little green paw icon, you’ll see where he stands now..

I found myself very close to giving up everything after so many hard rejections, and at the time i was really thinking of calling the quits, one of the reviewers (Ivor) told me “don’t give up, you’re almost there”. A few days later, my first item was approved.. Nothing beats that feeling!

Good luck, don’t give up!

18 posts
+3 more
flash-zone says

That cracked me up Net-Labs, thanks for the replies though guys. It really is helpful to get some feedback and has given some new ideas. Many thanks again…. Chris

31 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
aldhydany says

i think it’s perfect typography,

20 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
tagDiv says

Hello,

To me it looks like the layout has alignment/baseline issues. a small example: http://screencast.com/t/8nSpKajiZzgf

I also think that the market is almost full with one page layouts. It’s a little easier to make them then another niche themes and a lot of authors are releasing one pages. Bring something new and very useful to the clients in your theme and it will be accepted more easly.

I hope this helps, Radu

by
by
by
by
by
by