32 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
rapidcoder says

Hello!

Many Times I have found and felt that when someone request a Item Or looking for someone here whether it is Developer, Designer OR for help, People are open thread in good way but when the time is come to close OR the locked the thread they are not good enough as in open thread and the situation happens like someone come and post I am interested in so and so but the other-side the person already full-fill their requirement OR got someone as per their needed but did not update it on thread..

is anyone feel the same? :)

552 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Synchrotron says

I think most feel the same way. It can be hard to keep track of what’s been filled and not.

Although, I also feel authors could take an extra moment to read the OP and see how old it is and what they are actually asking for before posting. A lot of authors simply spam threads without even reading the OP or checking how old the thread is.

32 posts
rapidcoder says

I think most feel the same way. It can be hard to keep track of what’s been filled and not. Although, I also feel authors could take an extra moment to read the OP and see how old it is and what they are actually asking for before posting. A lot of authors simply spam threads without even reading the OP or checking how old the thread is.

Agree With you!! but what happen to me, I am part-time freelancer and when I applied on thread where a person ask for HTML developer and then the thread goes like bunch of replies that I am interest in it so and so, what is cause to me like I have to wait for particular thread to be close OR feedback of that person and till then I can not applied on another thread

2600 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Hello!

Many Times I have found and felt that when someone request a Item Or looking for someone here whether it is Developer, Designer OR for help, People are open thread in good way but when the time is come to close OR the locked the thread they are not good enough as in open thread and the situation happens like someone come and post I am interested in so and so but the other-side the person already full-fill their requirement OR got someone as per their needed but did not update it on thread..

is anyone feel the same? :)
Please keep in mind that all users can open threads, and only Volunteer Moderators and Staff can lock/disable them. We don’t do that unless:

A.) It is against the Community Guidelines found here: http://themeforest.net/community/community_guidelines

B.) The OP requested this.

If none of the above happens, it most usually comes to our attention as soon as someone posts after a long period of time, and their comment is flagged by another user, or we stumble upon it ourselves.

That being said, the general rule of thumb regarding item request threads or similar ones is: We’re part of a large, incredibly talented Community. Chances of a task within a thread with several responses being unfulfilled after a number of days is close to 0.

You are welcome to reply of course, but if a thread is older than a few months, it’s not worth looking into imho. :)

Happy Holidays!

32 posts
rapidcoder says

Agree on Point first that TF Staff can lock/disable but for the second points I am also agree on that we have large number of talents here but what about this if someone give intermediate feedback or answer in middle of thread when he/she need to inform that they are still looking as they did not get talent yet as per their criteria

Happy Holidays!

+17 more

Agree on Point first that TF Staff can lock/disable but for the second points I am also agree on that we have large number of talents here but what about this if someone give intermediate feedback or answer in middle of thread when he/she need to inform that they are still looking as they did not get talent yet as per their criteria Happy Holidays!

That comes down to what the OP actually wants to invest in terms of time answering their own thread. Opening a new thread suggesting they do that, may or may not have any actual effect. I thought you wanted to point out that threads are being left open for long periods of time, hence the explanation above :)

Of course it would be amazing if people that open such threads would let everyone know what the status of their search is, but based on previous experiences, that rarely happens.

32 posts
rapidcoder says

Hey contrastblack!

Many thanks for your answer and your time as well :)

+17 more

Hey contrastblack! Many thanks for your answer and your time as well :)

No problem, kind Sir :)

by
by
by
by
by
by