140 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
weblusive says

Could someone please give me clear guidelines on uploading the template updates? I am asking this because when My first item on themeforest got soft-rejected I had very bad time uploading the updated version. First I uploaded only the updated files (including screenshots). The archived version had the same name as the originally uploaded one. In my message to the reviewer I mentioned the changes and asked just to merge the archives overwriting the old files. And I was very surpised when I got soft-rejection again with the following message from the reviewer:

It seems you haven’t uploaded any new files
. The same thing happened twice and after I just deleted the project and uploaded again. Then my template was eventually accepted. Now I want to update the files to include also the mobile version of the template. To escape having such experience for the second time I would like to ask the authors about their experience on this question. I believe it might be very helpful to other people who have ever faced such situation.

303 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
ThemeGoods says
Could someone please give me clear guidelines on uploading the template updates? I am asking this because when My first item on themeforest got soft-rejected I had very bad time uploading the updated version. First I uploaded only the updated files (including screenshots). The archived version had the same name as the originally uploaded one. In my message to the reviewer I mentioned the changes and asked just to merge the archives overwriting the old files. And I was very surpised when I got soft-rejection again with the following message from the reviewer:
It seems you haven’t uploaded any new files
. The same thing happened twice and after I just deleted the project and uploaded again. Then my template was eventually accepted. Now I want to update the files to include also the mobile version of the template. To escape having such experience for the second time I would like to ask the authors about their experience on this question. I believe it might be very helpful to other people who have ever faced such situation.

Go to My Account > Portfolio click on “Edit” on item you want to upload new updated file ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by