596 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
MikeMoloney says

Ok, this is the second time this has happened and I am starting to get really frustrated. I submitted an item and it was rejected, I then resubmitted it specifically asking for a reviewer, and I did not get that reviewer. I also got this as a response: “The left side of the composition looks worse than last time now. :)” This does not help me at all. He isn’t even giving me a valid reason, and I am seriously getting angry at some of the reviewers at graphicriver, I have had some reviewers who seem very nice and are always willing to assist me, but certain reviewers are not helpful and are really annoying. I am sorry if this looks like a rant, but it’s to the point where it isn’t even funny anymore. Anyways, I wanted to know your take on this? Does anyone else have this struggle? I also wanted to know why reviewers can’t just take a simple request for a reviewer. I personally had my original reviewer message me to hold it for him, which I did. Why does this keep happening? It’s not that I am mad with the marketplaces, I just feel like the reviewers need to be more professional about the way they handle things….

161 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+4 more
squizmo says

opps! very nervously entry but i don’t think like you. At my first month i’d thought like you, yes many many times my uploads get rejected, but within this is a fact “they tought me a lot about improving myself”. i would suggest you to be patient, work hard and ask to the authors on forum when it get rejected. best regards, squizmo.

596 posts
+4 more
MikeMoloney says

Yes I understand, I am not mad that my file was rejected. In face I love being helped. I am mad that i got a different reviewer, and this reviewer did not give me adequate info to continue. But i will try harder to make quality products ;)!

1525 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Just got rejected the at second attepmt.

Same here, would shure like a better answer, thoe i gues its hard to answer everyone :)

but answers like

Usually, I’d be able to provide more specific feedback but I’m afraid that isn’t the case here. Every aspect of your design will need to be improved, significantly. Right now the template feels like a freebie and doesn’t offer the level of aesthetics necessary to be accepted under ThemeForest’s acceptance guidelines.

I gues the only thing thats good this time they did.t mention it isnt uniq enough :)

the point is that i just dont know if i start from scrach or keep remaking/correcting the same themplate

would suggest to reviewers to give specific problem for just one section or element in the design.

for example (your shadows are…. or ore typography etc.) but i will push on :)

596 posts
+4 more
MikeMoloney says

Yes I agree anps. But sometimes they are busy. Hopefully all will go well with your newer projects! I am hoping the same for me ;) fingers crossed!

1525 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

The learning curve is a bit longer, but hey what doesn’t kill you it makes u stronger, well that’s what i heard :)

by
by
by
by
by
by