• Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

I’m currently on Koh Lanta, relaxing after my recent trip to Nepal, catching up on some creative work and spending the Christmas holidays here before heading back up north to chilly Chiang Mai.

Koh Lanta is a beautiful place, one of my favourite islands to visit. It’s under-touristed, incredibly relaxed and cheap.

This morning I was walking up a dirt path from the $15/night bungalow I’m renting on the beach. I pass a “tree house community” of hippies and backpackers relaxing in – yes – tree houses, a lady BBQ’ing freshly caught fish and another making fresh som tam.

However, sad as it may be, the most eye catching / exciting moment of my morning so far?

Seeing this and exclaiming “I know where that’s from!”

Item by user Mantushetty and can be found here.

I guess it’s like bird spotting but for graphic design nerds :nerdy:

101 posts
  • Canada
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
brandilea says

That’s so cool! Also, how does one get in on this whole $15/night bungalow/island getaway?

2114 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
fifty_tons says

awesome find :)

849 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Rewroc says

Wow! This is great! :)

1321 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bangladesh
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
IngeniousArtist says

so awesome to actually see a flyer from here printed and hanged :)

708 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
EladChai says

I guess it’s like bird spotting but for graphic design nerds :nerdy:

LOL, Good one Adam, and very nice catch!

Really cool to see an A4 flyer printed that big and still looking great. Keep them coming (:

1225 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
Demorfoza says

Gosh… That’s a beautiful sight :)

Yes, I envy you :P

3716 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
+4 more

That’s so cool! Also, how does one get in on this whole $15/night bungalow/island getaway?

It’s pretty easy. There are dozens of places to stay on islands like Koh Lanta – most for less than $15 per night. It’s worth noting too, that price is shared amongst two people (my girlfriend and I).

$7.50 a night to stay in a bungalow on a tropical island? Yes please 8-) Factor in you can get food here for $1-$2 a dish (local Thai cuisine), soft drinks and fresh coconuts from bars are $1.50 each and beers $2-$3 (small/large).

In hippie backpacker terms for this island, $15 a night is pushing it a little. Down the road from me you can share a room in a tree house for $2.40 a night.

Though, you’re probably wondering what this bungalow looks like… well it’s not what you’d be sold in a vacation brochure at your local travel agent for $150 a night complete with Jacuzzi and memory foam mattress.

It’s clean and basic and has everything you need for a good night of sleep (plus free wifi too!)

I’ve no pics of the inside, but there’s a double bed which is comfy, two fans (no air con, but the sea breeze keeps us so cool the fans aren’t even needed), a surprisingly decent private bathroom, a big mozzy net for at night and plenty of plug sockets for our chargeables.

On the front deck is a hammock to laze around in during the day reading books or getting some design work done, although I prefer to do that from coffee shops.

To properly answer your question “how does one get in on this whole $15/night bungalow/island getaway?”, probably just be adventurous and forget the overpriced luxury sold by hotel chain media.

You can find any type of accommodation you want on Lanta. There are 6 star resorts that offer everything, mid range hotels, backpacker hostels, cheap bungalows on the beach and drop-dead low shared dorm rooms, in buildings and in the trees.

I never book accom before coming to a place like this. There are so many places to choose from, you’ll often find spending 2 hours looking around will yield cheaper prices for better quality rooms and locations than simply trusting some copy-written online review.

Also, for $15 a night, you need to understand you’re not getting luxury.

You’re getting a bed to sleep in a night. The beach is free, the local restaurants are cheap and you can get any type of massage you want whilst sippin a mojito looking out over the waves. All the same things a big hotel will sell you in some expensive package deal, just DIY.

To put it in words most of us would understand, my dad would stay here, my mom wouldn’t. hehe.

I post a lot of pictures on Facebook if you want to follow me & my travels there.

34 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mantushetty says

thank you so much bro quickandeasy! it feels great you made my day! thanks again…

3716 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
+4 more

thank you so much bro quickandeasy! it feels great you made my day! thanks again…

...I should take some more photos. There are billboards all over the island advertising the party with your template. Great job!

by
by
by
by
by
by