213 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in Belgium
+3 more
Playnethemes says

Pretty messed up since you guys are nearly all elite authors who clearly make nice profits for envato :)

122 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 100+ members
+4 more
pixedelic says

So many negative threads by elite authors in this period… I think the Envato staff should try to answer to the questions of the authors, I read many threads with some suggestions to improve the usability of the marketplace, posted by the authors, without any replies from the staff… it is a little bit disappointing.

I love this place, but honestly, I think I’ve never seen an implementation suggested in the forum by an author and adopted by Envato in these 2/3 years… am I wrong? I didn’t read all the threads so I could be wrong.

5763 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

So many negative threads by elite authors in this period… I think the Envato staff should try to answer to the questions of the authors, I read many threads with some suggestions to improve the usability of the marketplace, posted by the authors, without any replies from the staff… it is a little bit disappointing. I love this place, but honestly, I think I’ve never seen an implementation suggested in the forum by an author and adopted by Envato in these 2/3 years… am I wrong? I didn’t read all the threads so I could be wrong.

We’ve been implementing a ton of features from suggestions we’ve been getting from authors :) Support tab, ratings, single sign on, improvements to the dashboard, and so on. And there are plenty more that are in the works :)

122 posts
+4 more
pixedelic says

We’ve been implementing a ton of features from suggestions we’ve been getting from authors :) Support tab, ratings, single sign on, improvements to the dashboard, and so on. And there are plenty more that are in the works :)

My apologies, as I told I didn’t read all the threads, I was talking about other threads I was more interested in, such as the search form among the comments, a way to avoid to wait hours to see an update approved by the reviewers, a way to allow the purchasers to update the theme easily etc. I’m sorry. However I don’t want to go off topic

1823 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Seriously? Envato mostly do what you want without asking anyone anything. You may take into consideration what we say, but not that you care that much. Nobody asked for dashboard improvements, from my point of view it was perfectly okay, we need searchable comments instead of the support tab nobody checks. Apart from the ratings thing, most of the other improvements were piece of cake(from the point of view of a programmer). Adding a button and changing the arrangement of some things in CSS can’t be called a huge improvement, sorry.

What did you do when we asked about that theme that was put on the first page, even if it was approved like 1-2 weeks ago? NOTHING, it was moved to the 3rd party only after like a day or two, it affected the sales of all the other authors near that item.

You disabled the items of many authors because of some small issues without notifying the author at all. Do you think that’s fair? Those issues will surely be fixed in like 5 minutes or so. And we have to wait for a day or so to submit it again. Do you know how much a day of sales matters?

6077 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Those improvements are definitely appreciatable – much respect for the efforts. But all of those are mostly interface based ones, awaited for few years and taken care by relatively new staffs like Justin French. But there are many other tweaks pending which are mostly not related to interface but awaiting decisions from experienced staffs who can easily grasp the situation.

One of such thing is assigning proper steps for support staff when it comes to disabling items. It has some severe side effects for the affected author, which can be avoided by introducing one or more careful steps to the process – instead of fixing that after complaints and unrecoverable damage.

122 posts
+4 more
pixedelic says

I repeat, I love ThemeForest and this place for many other reasons, but yes, that’s my impression too: no consideration. There are many posts on the forum that didn’t receive an exhaustive answer from the staff in two years. On the other side, it is true that Envato is not an open source project or a foundation, so they (you) can decide whatever they (you… if someone of the staff is reading) prefer, however it would be nice if some questions have an official and definitive answer sometimes.

5763 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

I hear where you’re coming from. Unfortunately it’s not currently possible to provide an exhaustive answer for each and every suggestion on the forums. That would tie up already precious time from the Devs.

Our process right now is that the Community team informs the Dev team when suggestions for improvements are made. The Dev team will then consider the request and proceed from there depending on how complex the request is. As you can imagine some projects take a considerable amount of work, and while we may not be commenting on them, they are making progress. Justin has been very good at addressing and updating threads when he can, but it’s an ongoing process and we can always strive to improve the communication :)

1823 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

But, we would really appreciate some updates. Like, we started working on searchable comments. Or, we started working on the ratings and are planning on showing the comments for the ratings soon to the authors as well. Or, we’re planning to change that, what do you guys think?

Or stuff like that, is it that hard? The way it goes now is: “We thought it’s a good idea to change this and we did it, we’re looking for feedback”, instead of “We are thinking of changing this and need some feedback from the authors, how would you like it to be?”

6077 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Or stuff like that, is it that hard? The way it goes now is: “We thought it’s a good idea to change this and we did it, we’re looking for feedback”, instead of “We are thinking of changing this and need some feedback from the authors, how would you like it to be?”

Actually they seems to be doing both the parts recent days, when it comes to interface changes.

The issue related to this particular thread is not even close to dev team. So in fact it is just a matter of pending decision from higher level staffs who already set the regulations for item removal (due to anything other than copyright infringement) and its further actions. Note that being hard and strict on item removal not only damages the item’s life but buyers too.

by
by
by
by
by
by