1708 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

Yay this is good!

281 posts mekshq.com
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+5 more
meks says

Kudos!

This is what buyers really need…

Cheers! :)

373 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

Better and better! Congratulations for this and for comment notifications!

22 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
compactcode says

I just have some questions:

why send emails and not show some notifications in the dashboard? Or maybe both? what about the buyers who have many items? They need to check the update checkbox one by one for each item? I’ve purchased a theme and a couple of photos that got removed from the marketplace. Since removed items can’t get back (if we believe the rules) and I can’t download the theme anymore, what about giving me the option to hide or remove that item from the download area instead giving me the option to check “get notified by mail when updated” for that removed item

other than that, good work, now if you can fix the ratings it will be great.

I really like the idea of having a more general purpose notification system. Something like the Facebook notification bar might quite be useful.

We are likely to make some smaller changes to the downloads page in the next week. For the most part though, we are trying to keep focused so we can clear our plate and get ready for our next piece of work which is ratings :)

1708 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
+6 more
Firsh says

Is there a PHP class for WP plugins that integrates with Envato API to automatize updates? I believe there was something like that but only for themes.

+1 for an additional, FB like notification bar/icon.

507 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

why send emails and not show some notifications in the dashboard? Or maybe both?

That’s the general direction I’d like to head with the dashboard — notifications and activity — but authors and buyers needed this feature now, and the fastest route was add another email.

what about the buyers who have many items? They need to check the update checkbox one by one for each item?

This was the most flexible and unobtrusive starting point. Maybe we automatically check that box for buyers in the future, maybe we’ll allow buyers to have a global preference, maybe we need a “uncheck all of them fast” button, etc.

We want to monitor how buyers and authors are using this before going further.

I’ve purchased a theme and a couple of photos that got removed from the marketplace. Since removed items can’t get back (if we believe the rules) and I can’t download the theme anymore, what about giving me the option to hide or remove that item from the download area instead giving me the option to check “get notified by mail when updated” for that removed item.

Sounds like a small bug there — doesn’t seem like there’s any point having a checkbox on a removed item.

I think it’s clearer that we leave removed items in the download page for now, rather than hiding them or allowing the buyer to hide them. Buyers aren’t left with as many questions when the item is no longer there — Was it removed? Did I hide it? Have I forgotten what it was called? Did I buy it using a different account? Has it been renamed?

now if you can fix the ratings it will be great.

;)

507 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Is there a PHP class for WP plugins that integrates with Envato API to automatize updates? I believe there was something like that but only for themes.

Yep, it’s only there for WP themes right now, but there’s been requests for other themes and plugins I think. Not a top or medium priority right now (ratings, ratings, ratings!), but I’m definitely tracking this request for the future.

332 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
dekciw says

Omg, is this actually happening? :O Marketplace got some cool and usefull feature update? Someone from staff is mentioning ratings system update? Hit me, I must be sleeping :D

On topic, cool feature, thanks!

239 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
phpdude says

Literally gobsmacked. I honestly never thought I’d see a day where this was a feature!

Awesome work!

1431 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Great feature, long overdue. Thank you guys!

by
by
by
by
by
by