• Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

A thing that a buyer noted me: They get the Email Notification that a file was updated… but they get that email without the specifics of the update. And if they visit the product page before the author writes the update log, they still don’t see what’s changed.
The author needs to be fast on writing that update log after approval, or maybe write the update log before the update gets approved. Hm.

5760 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

A thing that a buyer noted me: They get the Email Notification that a file was updated… but they get that email without the specifics of the update. And if they visit the product page before the author writes the update log, they still don’t see what’s changed.
The author needs to be fast on writing that update log after approval, or maybe write the update log before the update gets approved. Hm.

Regardless of a buyer opts for notification or not, we need an update info submitted whenever the source package modified. It can be even a pre-made dropdown field with just 3 choices:

- Added new features
- Bugs fixed
- Help document updated

So one of the selected reason can appear near the item download button. This will easily help the buyer to make a decision. But wait, this is too much for a typical Envato staff to grasp and implement isn’t it? pity that staffs aren’t in harmony with their business.

5190 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

So one of the selected reason can appear near the item download button. This will easily help the buyer to make a decision. But wait, this is too much for a typical Envato staff to grasp and implement isn’t it? pity that staffs aren’t in harmony with their business.

It’s OK to have an opinion and express a desire for us to continue to enhance and improve the Marketplaces, but please don’t attack the Staff personally and say they don’t care. We’ve already introduced several new features this year and we’re busy on adding more. We care very much about improving the functionality of the sites. Thanks!

97 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
2winFactor says

It’s OK to have an opinion and express a desire for us to continue to enhance and improve the Marketplaces, but please don’t attack the Staff personally and say they don’t care. We’ve already introduced several new features this year and we’re busy on adding more. We care very much about improving the functionality of the sites. Thanks!

I agree. I think this feature alone is really great. I don’t like relying on my own bandwidth to create update notifications to my customers and now this is starting to solve that problem. Hats off to the team!

Andre

5760 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

No doubt, improvements happen continuously here recently, that’s welcome. The reason for such grumpy complaint is improvements being “so basic” and doesn’t justify the growth of marketplaces (after years of long wait too). I better speak with numbers so that it wont be subjective: This is a only improvement happened in item update and item download section from the days when total marketplace members were less than 100k and now more than 2500k.

There is no special care / features that focused on TF and CC marketplaces where the updates are key. ThemeForest has items that makes like 200 sales per week – guess the number of buyers who can be benefited by single line info on downloads page and the notification email.

1043 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

This will be implemented to AudioJungle items too ? It would be nice if I for instance remaster, remix or add a variation to a song to be able to notify people who bought my songs.

24 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
equipo3 says

Excellent!

116 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Spain
aitor72 says

Great!

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Hungary
sax155 says

That’s a pretty awesome and well needed feature, thanks. :)

231 posts Premium Website Design
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
ThemeFusion says

Very nice, this will certainly help cut down on the “How Do I Get The New Update” questions …

Thanks Guys :)

by
by
by
by
by
by