14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
annettedaniel says

I have been a regular customer of Envato products available on Themeforest, Code Canyon, Video Hive and Graphic River. Yesterday I was stunned to find a theme I had purchased to have been removed from Envato for download. I asked support to refund (via a credit to my Envato account) and they refused based on my not requesting a refund within 5 days.

Now Envato has an option to click a box for me to be auto notified when a theme I have purchased has been updated so that I may update my theme asap. This option was clicked for the Chocolate Theme, yet nowhere does it allow me to opt in to be auto notified when a theme is removed so that I am aware of such, and aware of the start of the 5 day time-frame for refund request.

Not only should Envato credit my account so that I may replace this theme with a new one, but they should allow for an opt-in so that customers are fairly treated with regard to the beginning of a due process timeline.

I have been a customer for 3-4 years purchasing between 50-99 items. Is that not worth bending unfair rules?

14 posts
annettedaniel says

I have been a regular customer of Envato products available on Themeforest, Code Canyon, Video Hive and Graphic River. Yesterday I was stunned to find a theme I had purchased to have been removed from Envato for download. I asked support to refund (via a credit to my Envato account) and they refused based on my not requesting a refund within 5 days.

Now Envato has an option to click a box for me to be auto notified when a theme I have purchased has been updated so that I may update my theme asap. This option was clicked for the Chocolate Theme, yet nowhere does it allow me to opt in to be auto notified when a theme is removed so that I am aware of such, and aware of the start of the 5 day time-frame for refund request.

Not only should Envato credit my account so that I may replace this theme with a new one, but they should allow for an opt-in so that customers are fairly treated with regard to the beginning of a due process timeline.

I have been a customer for 3-4 years purchasing between 50-99 items. Is that not worth bending unfair rules?

So I am now being told by support that in order for me to receive “credits” I have to purchase yet another them…and then I will be credited? So I have to expend more money to get credited on the theme I already paid for? :/

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
loveetc says

So, you bought a theme and used it. Now you want the refund only because the author has removed the theme. That’s not any reason to get refund. Author has the right to remove their files at anytime.

If you are having any trouble with the theme, you can try to contact the author and ask for help.

479 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

Or did you buy the theme and not download it yet?

14 posts
annettedaniel says

Really? So you can sell a theme and pull it shortly thereafter with no updates to move forward with Wordpress core updates? I understand that themes come and go….but this wasn’t available but 28 days after my purchase. The client does not want the theme now and I must move forward with a theme that has promise of some longevity, and I know they are here because I have never run into this before; having an outdated product short of a month when I haven’t even completed the site build!

Again, I have been a faithful customer of Envato products since 2008. I spend money here frequently!

Also curious as to why I paid: Chocolate WP – Responsive Photography Theme 299901 $-47.00 and I am finding this? http://www.wphub.com/themes/chocolate-by-themeforest/ I know this is third party….but?

Again, I did not ask for “cash” back, but simply an account credit to purchase a replacement them.

1774 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

You’re paying for one theme as-is, you’re not buying updates, support and nobody guarantess the theme will get updated for the next 1-2-3-10 years or so. The themes go through a very strict review process so they are fully functional and will most likely work fine for the next at least 12 months, you get what you pay for, there’s NO reason for Envato to issue a refund.

14 posts
annettedaniel says

Wow, y’all need to learn something about customer service. Who wouldn’t be nervous to use a product pulled off the shelf within 28 days of purchase? Ever heard of “standard of practice”? Standard of practice is a standard within a professional industry. The standard on Envato has been that I purchase a theme and have access to notification for theme updates. Why? Because it is across the board a natural practice of reputable authors to produce themes that withstand the test of time and provide updates as necessary to comply with theme issues and Wordpress core updates. As a customer of 4 year + I have always had that available and thus look for top authors themes only (i.e. all of my themes are on the first page of highest sales themes).

1774 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Sure, when you pay $2,000 for a theme, you can expect updates, support, customization, whatever you want. When you pay $47 for a full functional theme that you can use ANYTIME without any problem, please don’t come here and complain about the authors for no support or no updates, you can’t really expect a theme to be updated like after 4 years and get support / customization ALL IN 47$.

You may have confused ThemeForest with a web agency.

And, who said you can’t use your product? You can use it anytime, Envato clearly says that once you pay a product, you should download it. What’s the problem? You have the full product, the documentation, you got what you paid for.

14 posts
annettedaniel says

Final Destiny, you are being very hostile. 4 years?? It’ was 28 days from purchase. I didn’t complain about the authors for no support. I didn’t ask for customization from the author. Please read my posts. I will remember never to purchase one of your themes. I don’t find that my theme author’s have the same attitude as you. On the contrary, my experience with theme authors has been above board. You could learn something about how you speak to customers from Andon, Kriesi, Peerapong, GoodLayers, etc.; all of whom I have worked with over the years! This is about a theme being pulled from market for unknown/explained reasons within 28 days of purchase.

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
loveetc says

@annettedaniel

If the theme was added 28 days ago, it must be fully functional with the current WordPress version, so what’s the problem? Are you having any trouble with the theme?

by
by
by
by
by
by