14 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
annettedaniel says

No, it was not added within the past 28 days, I purchased it within the past 28 days. All the info on the theme has been removed and once 3.6.1 was launched I received no update notice for the theme so I am not sure where it is at.

1715 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Where in the TOS it says that the item must be online for at least…6 months? 6 days? Or something like that? You misunderstand the whole concept of the marketplace here, you’re buying a stand-alone product, as-is, with no guarantees whatsoever. You got the product, got everything you paid for, now you only want the refund because your client doesn’t want that theme anymore.

Bad luck, you assumed that risk when you talked to the client, if he changes his mind faster than I change my socks, that’s not our problem.

And, don’t worry, don’t buy any of my products. I base my whole relationshp with my clients on a mutual respect, which doesn’t seem to apply on your relationship with the authors, you demand and demand and demand like you’re paying $5,000 for a website and you got a broken product and nobody cares about you. The truth is, you’re getting a full website with documentation and more features you’ll ever get on a normal theme if you’d get it from a web agency. And all this on a price of $40 or $45. So please stop acting like we’re the bad guys.

3676 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Just out of interest have you emailed the author to ask if it is permanently removed or just temporarily disabled? There have been a few files that have been temporarily down for a but while the author updates them recently. Given this was such a big selling file that would not come as a surprise if it was the case.

18 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
tpfkyola says

Hi @annettedaniel. I feel you! It happened to me last few months ago (with my other account). I bought a theme and after 4 days, it was gone (I don’t want to name the theme here, it might affect the author’s reputation).

Luckily, I was able to download it. Are you able to download the file? If you where not able to download the file or there are any major bugs, then you’re out of luck, but if the theme works fine, then you should be okay :).

You don’t need to ask for refund for something that works :) . In my humble opinion, $35/$45/$55 is pretty cheap to the design quality of the themes here and it is already a great starting point for you.

To ‘Elite’ author above, you can actually be more friendly to buyers. The buyer above only expresses his disappointment to the item, you should be more approachable explaining rules becuz you are supposedly the ‘expert’ here, you sound very rude to the people who keep this marketplace alive.

568 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
AlexFjord says

Charlie beat me to it – I would recommend emailing the author first off. For what it’s worth (I am not going into the wrongs and rights of your situation) FinalDestiny is right, the T&Cs of the site make no obligation for files lifespan except that if it is within 30 days of purchase and there is a genuine issue with the file then you can ask for a refund. Also that link you put up earlier with the other price just redirects back here so I think it will be the same cost. Good luck with the author

p.s a genuine question and NOT an attack or criticism – this is for your “client” so if they came to you and asked for a fully functional WP theme that updates with changes etc (even if only for a few months) and even offers support maybe, on the pretence that you can resell it to other clients in the future BUT they are only willing to pay you $40 for it, would you take that project? (I am assuming if you have clients then you are a developer)

Again this is a genuine query as I am interested in how people see the marketplace and use the files. Thanks

• Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • United States
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

@tpfkyola, I am very friendly to the buyers, everyone can check it on my old items comments where I have hundreds of comments…. but only if they respect our work as authors, if they only demand and demand everything from us and don’t even know what they’re buying..then sorry but obviously I’m not here to teach the users what this marketplace is and what it’s not.. and what the clients buy.

14 posts
  • United States
annettedaniel says

@tpfkyola, I am very friendly to the buyers, everyone can check it on my old items comments where I have hundreds of comments…. but only if they respect our work as authors, if they only demand and demand everything from us and don’t even know what they’re buying..then sorry but obviously I’m not here to teach the users what this marketplace is and what it’s not.. and what the clients buy.
14 posts
  • United States
annettedaniel says

@FinalDestiny, With all due respect, you are quite presumptuous with your condescending comments. I am very respectful and appreciative to all of my theme authors, who by the way all have great support forums and quick response times. I have a great rapport with them and have been completely satisfied with their support forums. Moreover, they tend to go the extra mile because they take pride in their product and realize that costumers provide revenue.

@ Alex, Yes, I run a website business and customer support is very critical to my business for a couple of reasons. All of my clients come on a referral basis to me. I expect a reasonable shelf life after purchasing a product and don’t believe that is out of the norm. Red flags go up when something is pulled with no explanation as to why. As you know, themes often do updates to clear up their own internal issues within a theme i.e. conflicts with major plugins, etc. I have never, ever had an issue with a designer because they seem to “get it” that customer service brings return business and they love their customers because we stretch the limits of these themes and often find bugs for them in doing so.

I do have a message into the designer who I believe produces good work and would gladly take a license for another theme of his in exchange! or pay the difference!!

148 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
loveetc says

@annettedaniel

I think you still have not mentioned why you want a refund? If the theme was working 28 days ago when you purchased, it should still be working fine. What’s really the problem?

• Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • United States
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

A theme that gets accepted here usually runs fine for months, for example I haven’t updated the code of my first theme since July 2012(15 months) and it runs without any problem(it was updated this year, but only to add a few more features).

They don’t accept themes that use deprecated functions, bad code or doesn’t play fine with core wp. So the theme you purchased is just fine, you can install it, configure it, it will work just fine today and most likely in the next months as well. Even if the WP was updated to 3.6.1, 3.6.1 just fixes some minor bug of 3.6, it doesn’t make any impact on any theme here in most of the cases. Maybe in 4.0 some of the themes won’t work because they’ll do major changes but until then, everything should work just fine.

What you’ll be missing is new features and maybe some bug fixes, but as I already said, they were never included and are not included in all the themes here. The fact that you received support and updates from other themes only means that those authors respect their customers and work and they have time/want to support their items.

And I don’t know what the support team on Envato told you, but they only give refunds in two cases, if the theme is broken or you didn’t download the theme. How many days passed since you purchased the theme or when it was removed doesn’t really matter, at least this is what most of the people here know(only if they changed the rules or something).

by
by
by
by
by
by