226 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says

I know envato is working hard on a new statistics system involving google analytics stats on items but only a few people have access to this beta feature.

In the mean time, people have no idea how much their items are being viewed. Some might want to have that idea :). Unfortunately you can’t add javascript code to the profile code so there’s no way to use analytics or any other stat counter system.

Well, there is a way… I’ve found and tested a way to track unique user pageviews (did not test with uniques and more info as it was just a fun test, but it should work just fine). The only problem is that this code will have to run on your server or home computer. It’s a PHP script that I’ve put together in a few minutes since the idea slapped me in the face…

My question is:

Is envato ok with such a 3’rd party analytics system? It’s only a image link that will display a image.. that’s actually a php file.. nothing more .. nothing complex.. no hacking or interfering with the marketplace in any way…. just displaying a picture on the content of each product (a picture that’s tracking users :p).

If enough users will request this system to track their items and if Envato is ok with it, maybe someone (including me) will be interested in building such a (online) system, for free preferably(if I’m providing it be sure it’s for free) to be available for the users as a 3’rd party analytics system…

Update: it works with unique visitors and all the stats you need.. I just tested :)

\\

226 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says

I’m amazed that nobody want’s to know statistics for their items…

anyway.. I tried…

753 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
AdamGold says

Sounds cool, but as I understood Envato already develops this kind of system to be integrated in the author’s dashboard.

827 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+8 more
wpbakery says

This method of statistics collection was already implemented by some users. And personally I think that it’s a good way to track data.

And yes envato is working on the statistics, which is connected to the google analytics data. I have access to the beta that they have. Right now it’s a very light application, showing only numbers (visits), but I hope that they will integrate something more “interesting”, like information where user come from, search keywords and etc.

More data = easier to analyze :)

by
by
by
by
by
by