• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Uruguay
_rg_ says

I was looking to some discussions on some themes, i was a little worried about how buyers (not all of course) expected support from themes.

I really don´t understand, i also visit forums and faqs in adobe or other big companies and there i found similar things like “hey, i paid for this and did not work… give me the money you can´t do this…” and even harder words.

But, here we are talikg about things that never go up 50 U$S. I live in a country where 50 U$S is much more than in europe or usa, and i really can´t belive people asking that way for support.

For example, how much cost a beer on europe?, here with 50 uss i can buy…. may be 10 in a pub.

I mean, you will supposed to have a very and 365 days-good feedback when bought an adobe product, since you know it´s a big company, not just one guy, and you are paying thousands of U$S. There you can go mad if something do not work as expected.

So, come on!! for 50 or less bucks there are people that don´t care even if you are death. They want support and nothing cares!! And for what i see, many of this buyers didn´t ever search on the discussion page…. i found may be 10 in less that 20 minutes, where asking for something, very mad also, but the answer was 3 threads above or in the previous page!!!

So, anyway, what i see is that the item discussion is not usable at all. Users get even more mad for that reason, they can´t find over 75 pages of discussions for what they are looking for.

I think that, maybe, the item discussion was ok at first, but may be and just maybe, that part needs to be impoved or something.

For example, i saw many authors that from the first time leave some text advising they do not provide support on the item discussion page, but, no way man, they need time to time to go and post same text because buyiers do not read the message just because there are 57 pages of discussions!!

What you think? is usable the discussion page, taking in consideration the amount of users right now? half million people!!!

Recently, last year now, i had a very big family problem, one day i stoped any work i was on, i didn´t have time to respond any mail, i was arround a month out of the “world”. Lucky the people who i was working on, understand the situation and didn´t make me any problem.

But, i was thinking in that reading the discussions as i said, suppose you have a problem a big one, and when you get back to normal life you find thousands of emails with mad people…

As i said we are all humans, authors too. I think something could be done, on the envanto side, in order to minimize this situations.

And just to be clear, i don´t have anything against nobody, i´m thinking loud just to know what you think. And may be to provide my two cents to the comunity to make it better.

Also i belive, and this is nothing to do with this site or buyers or authors, just people, that there´s no need to get mad about nothing in this life. Or may be, just leave to get mad when something very important happens. But, for 37 U$S!!!... got what i mean?

:)

mods: if this thread causes any maddnes, just remove it immediately!!!

440 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Australia
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
pixelnourish says
I really don´t understand, i also visit forums and faqs in adobe or other big companies and there i found similar things like “hey, i paid for this and did not work… give me the money you can´t do this…” and even harder words.

But, here we are talikg about things that never go up 50 U$S. I live in a country where 50 U$S is much more than in europe or usa, and i really can´t belive people asking that way for support.

For example, how much cost a beer on europe?, here with 50 uss i can buy…. may be 10 in a pub.

I mean, you will supposed to have a very and 365 days-good feedback when bought an adobe product, since you know it´s a big company, not just one guy, and you are paying thousands of U$S. There you can go mad if something do not work as expected.

A lot of people feel they deserve something for “nothing”. It’s human nature. Not much we can do about it unfortunately…

Also i belive, and this is nothing to do with this site or buyers or authors, just people, that there´s no need to get mad about nothing in this life. Or may be, just leave to get mad when something very important happens. But, for 37 U$S!!!... got what i mean?

If everyone had this mindframe I think the world would be a little more pleasant :)

So, anyway, what i see is that the item discussion is not usable at all. Users get even more mad for that reason, they can´t find over 75 pages of discussions for what they are looking for.

I think that, maybe, the item discussion was ok at first, but may be and just maybe, that part needs to be impoved or something.

For example, i saw many authors that from the first time leave some text advising they do not provide support on the item discussion page, but, no way man, they need time to time to go and post same text because buyiers do not read the message just because there are 57 pages of discussions!!

What you think? is usable the discussion page, taking in consideration the amount of users right now? half million people!!!

This is where the FAQ ’s section of files should be used. It was implemented shortly after the site refresh, and I don’t see many people use it. It’s a little difficult to get entries filled into it, but it would/could save so much time if authors took the tile, and buyers were more educated about it’s existence.

Just my 2 cents :)

Not sure if any of that helped, just wanted to pipe-up.

by
by
by
by
by
by