2024 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

I guess the niche of 3D market is the reason for it’s price. Less competitor => higher prices. Makes sense and answers my question :)
I’ve also said this about CC :)

supply and demand applies always

1461 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

I do not recommend you to go forward pushing the price increase. Since you will loose impulse buyers, which i think happened on themeforest. But maybe wrong

5950 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

The point is Envato expanded uncontrollably high, so these fine things won’t appear to their eyes. There are really certain ways to allow authors increase price while maintaining the buyer respect / smile but Envato won’t do that just to secure from competition – their company, their preference. They are leaders in wp themes, so instead of continuing price increment tool, they just made overall increment. The physics goes reverse for other marketplaces – due to the same reason (not being #1), they will never allow individual authors / items to increase prices since they want to display a “cheapest in the world” image by setting a clear upper price limit for each category.

Pricing can be generally lower for obvious good reasons but setting an upper limit is something to be re considered. Recently there was a cry from some authors on GR due to similar reasons.

So what is the problem here? Living with too much of business minded strategies rather than researching the values, needs and efficiency. Who loses with this? Everyone including Envato.

2579 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

3D Ocean files don’t have the same selling potential as other items from other marketplaces..
and this justifies the price?

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but unlike popular belief 3dOcean still is horribly underpriced, and probably the items you found are generally a group of items / textures / models. I mean seriously, a CC / TF author now hatin’ on 3DOcean “overpriced” items is just wrong :D

And to burst it even more, the competition is much higher in the 3D market than in any other, seeing as 3DO was launched years after the likes of turbo”tentacle” and many others… so I fear your arguments targeting this specific marketplace are slightly flawed. But again, I’m just talking about 3DOcean items as an example, not about how the initial issue was something priced correctly.

Should be price calculated on spent work or the value it gave to the customers? I guess the latter.

So… basically you’re right, but then again tell me how would that in ANY way motivate ANYONE to actually build a 3D model? (I mean, seeing as you have no interest in this specific area, I can understand you having a bit of a biased view on how worthless 3D is) but it takes heap-loads of time, work and knowledge, again, contrary to popular belief, to actually build something. If that’s your argument, then perhaps 3DOcean should just be closed down to suit your needs? :D

How exactly do you know what value a fully modeled 3D Car has for a studio doing advertising for BMW ? (I’m talking interior, exterior, detailing, textures etc) You’d be amazed at the price-tag it would get… and then again we’d have an issue with “overpriced” 3DOcean items. Really.

L.E: if you also have so many requests for “more money for your items” why don’t you simply organize for them to pay you directly if they so much enjoyed the final product? If there’s any actual honesty behind such statements, I’m sure you’d be getting what you deserve for the work regardless of the price it sells for here. :)

5950 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Just realised my above post was off topic :D

At 3DOcean I found some items which costs $ 100,- and more. I don’t think they are not worth the price but why is $ 60,- the highest on CC and $ 90,- on TF?

Upper limits relative to either competition ( if industry is busy) or profit with low sales (if industry isn’t wide enough to depend stock). Did you ever looked GR? That will show more complexities behind reasons! From my opinion, ActiveDen was lucky enough to stay on profitable pricing still giving good value to buyers and industry was’t too much abused due to competition.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

I agree that many items here are underpriced and I have heard that from my buyer a couple of times, said that the pricing here is quite low. I don’t like the comparison between different Envato Marketplaces, cos it takes too many factors to consider. Like in GR, I have seen many excellent mock-ups pack, 3D actions and print templates at under $10. About 3DO items, thinking about how many hours could it save me from creating the models from scratch, together with the usual rates in 3D field, then the items on 3DO is still at a low price in some ways.

124 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Belarus
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Themico says

Should be price calculated on spent work or the value it gave to the customers? I guess the latter.
So… basically you’re right, but then again tell me how would that in ANY way motivate ANYONE to actually build a 3D model?

+1000

Recently we submitted the wp watermark plugin on CC, that take us 6 months to develop! It has everything people asked, million of features that was very hard to implement and nobody offers them on CC or in the wordpress.org plugins directory. So we asked for a higher price compared to the other such items on CC… And you know what – they set the same 20$ as for every other plugins, which are waaaay less powerfull.

So, what is the point to work on CC? No point. This place will turn in the dump of small files like CSS buttons and other snippets for 5$. There is nothing to do there with serious product, if it is not another slider.

1111 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
3alisha says

3D Ocean files don’t have the same selling potential as other items from other marketplaces..
and this justifies the price?
Yes. 500 people needed a good newsletter system and they bought yours. I’m not sure if 500 people will need a 3D model of a BMW..
Yes possibly. But the prices in the ocean aren’t to high. Should be price calculated on spent work or the value it gave to the customers? I guess the latter.

@revaxarts Man, 3d files on other competitor sites sell like at least for a 50+ all the way up to 2500 USD per item ! (cant post links)

So files on 3dO are really dirt cheap compared to competitors, but the quality is high. Moreover, we spend an average of at least 1 week creating a file (that eventually barely sells).

So enjoy your elite badge bro, and stop complaining bro :P

281 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Serbia
scrnjakovic says

Am I wrong thinking that those template clubs are burying TF with prices like: $50 3months membership and you can download all templates in their portfolio + 3 for your membership time?

2024 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

@all

I don’t think items on 3Docean are to high! They are low as well. I know what it takes to make a good model (the reason I don’t do it) and I’m happy to buy one if I’m in need.

I just like to compare the price on the marketptlaces

• CC: 8 month work / (obviously) lot of value for buyers / $ 25,-
  • 3D: x month work / (obviously) lot of value for buyers / $ 100,-

@Themico exactly what I ment

There are a bunch of simple and small plugins which takes about a week or two to develop and are priced from 8 to 10 dollars. I’ve spent 8 month to develop mine.

But again, I don’t complain about the price of $25 – it’s ok. That just means more sales and more happy buyers.

I just didn’t get the difference between each marketplace which is supply and demand

@3alisha

The elite badge is for the hard work I put into my items. Unfortunately there’S no advanage haveing it (except the chocolate)

by
by
by
by
by
by