4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

CodeCanyon files have low prices, because there are a lot of free alternatives out there.. 80% of the items from CC can be found free elsewhere, hence the low price.

Historically ActiveDen has sold the same stuff for double the price. So why are we selling the same same products to the same people for half the price?

Maybe cos` you really couldn’t find good free stuff in flash like you can find in JS today over the web + i don’t need to tell you we are the chosen one :P .

Still I am amazed at the low price on CC and I am not talking about the regular stuff ,but those file who use custom coding with no use of any plug-in or bring really something new, in AD if you do a file with your own complete code you see it in the price value vs CC that encourage slavery work price ,most AD dev` that start submit stuff on CC I think they start to understand not to waste much time on CC and move to TF, but hey what do I care any way $ 4 stuff isn’t my thing :P

124 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Belarus
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Themico says

The current model here at envato encourages us to put our creations in the hands of more people, the more people buy, the more you make. If it were priced higher, less people can afford it, less people engaging with your product reduces the probability of improvements you can add to it, as only a handful will report issues or discover them.

This have a point, but not in this case. Prices on CC are minimal, agree? And in the same time, most of authors are not happy with the sales. I think you will agree too.

So, as was mentioned above, one of the reason of the low price is that there are some alternatives that are freely available. But nobody will buy a premium product if he can replace it with free one and all his needs will be satisfied. Our plugin is top notch, and it is in the niche where you don’t count on 1000+ sales, but for 300-500 maximum. So, the only way to get some money with it is higher price, and the buyers that look for features presented in our plugin, and not in any others.

The whole point of us working on this items was to do Elite item, for the higher price. The model of “cheap > a lot of sales = profit” will not work for most CC items. So, we thinking now to move our product on the separate website and remove it from CC.

668 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+1 more
Typps says

This have a point, but not in this case. Prices on CC are minimal, agree? And in the same time, most of authors are not happy with the sales. I think you will agree too.

So, as was mentioned above, one of the reason of the low price is that there are some alternatives that are freely available. But nobody will buy a premium product if he can replace it with free one and all his needs will be satisfied. Our plugin is top notch, and it is in the niche where you don’t count on 1000+ sales, but for 300-500 maximum. So, the only way to get some money with it is higher price, and the buyers that look for features presented in our plugin, and not in any others.

The whole point of us working on this items was to do Elite item, for the higher price. The model of “cheap > a lot of sales = profit” will not work for most CC items. So, we thinking now to move our product on the separate website and remove it from CC.

Agreed and convinced that not all items should be priced using the same strategy that is based on volume sales and sadly your product is suffering from this. I’m not sure how Envato is planning on solving this problem. Trying to sell your product on your own seems like your only other option which is sad but do let me know how it goes as I myself have a few other* products that aren’t a good match for the current pricing model and hence not released at all. Seeing your current sales on that particular product is not encouraging either.

The reason I am debating selling anything solo is because you have to step away from the Envato comfort zone( something i’d already done in the past unsuccessfully, before joining this marketplace that is). It also means investing a lot of extra time which can be well spent on developing new products and maintaining current ones.

by
by
by
by
by
by