The first version of GreenPaw has been quite successful so far, so I decided to shelf it and start over. This is just a sneak peak of what you can expect from the next version of GreenPaw:
- thin fonts
- push notifications – not just for sales, but for everything – comments, ratings, paws and more
- tons of more statistics
- tons of new features
- horrible iOS 7 style icon
- super mega fast load – for my account it takes less than 3 seconds to load all the data. It used to take about 20 seconds including fetching new comments, 30 seconds if we include the checking for new ratings. Now it all happens 10x faster.
- all-new bugs and more crashes
- just kidding, it should be much less buggy, since everything happens on a server and the app just displays the data
That’s all I have for now. This app can be so much better than it is now (and it’s pretty awesome right now). Make sure you stay up to date, winter is coming.
Good stuff nickys. I bought the app hoping for push notifications – but read about difficulties in implementing this due to server costs etc… You found a way to make this functionality commercially viable? Very happy to see it added as I assumed this would be part of what the app did initially.
I notice I check forums quite a bit on my mobile – is this something that is easy to implement? Can always do it through web browser on mobile, but would use Green Paw more if this could be done in app.
Anyways – congrats on some great work and look forward to seeing it get even better.
Hopefully you won’t be too late for the party, Envato just announced their responsive design coming soon to the marketplaces. Glad to see that your app finally got some success.
Awesome mate ! I really think this is the best author app I found ! Thanks for your work and keep it up !
Will it be available for android users as well?
Great new nickys. What is the ETA of the update?
@JBlanks – The app won’t get approved if I link to the forums. It got rejected before for linking to the dashboard page to get an API key, because themeforest is potentially a website in which you can spend money. Which is agains the rules of the app store.
@LumenMedia – I’m still considering it. The problem is that I can’t publish paid apps from my country and I will have to count on ads for revenue, which is not desirable. If I can figure out the business model for Android, I will port it.
@bilbo_b – I can’t say yet, it depends if I decide to support iOS 6, or only iOS 7. It’s not going to be within the next month or so, that’s for sure.
my Ratings tab always says: “There are no recent changes in rating to display”... am I missing something? How should this tab work?
When the rating of one of your products changes, it will show up in that tab
Mmmm… in this case I’m afraid it doesn’t work, since the rating of my products has change many times since I purchased the app. Little changes, for instance from 4.65 to 4.64: should it display these changes too?
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.