5389 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

For the last B-Day bundle I did some Google research and couldn’t find any advertising other than on Envato sites. I hope this has changed.

I’m not crazy about these bundles, but if we’re going to have one for the reason of attracting new buyers, why is it the second week of December?

2010 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

For the last B-Day bundle I did some Google research and couldn’t find any advertising other than on Envato sites. I hope this has changed.
i don’t think so, it will be the usual referral traffic
7794 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

I said this before and I will said it again, envato itself had become an author that can create an item with a value/price ratio the other authors will never be capable to create. It also have the advantage of putting ads all over the marketplace in the best possible position. And it will have no problem with item support for buyers as the offer is limited in time, but not in number, 6 to 7 bundles at year is, I think the best option available to maximize the sales of the bundle, probably based on the sales statistics and quantity of money spend on all marketplaces.

Please do not interpret my words as insulting the management or this marketplace. Is not my intention.

Sure the bundles can be a way of promoting the marketplaces, but when studying someone behaviour there are some issue to take in consideration. There are no black and white defined actions in real life, but a gradient of options, pro and against doing something.

So, ask yourself. How much impact on promoting the marketplace a bundle can bring? How many new buyers will arrive or how many will come back? How much money a bundle can produce and who bought it how much money spend on other items the same period as the bundle? The money spend on the marketplace in the period were a bundle is one sale are an addition to overall marketplace total earnings or are in the same line with earnings from months that have no bundles on sale? How many authors will be interpret this as undercutting they’re sales? How many of them will actually say it? Is the bundle a way to keep the marketplace alive so can anyone continue to sell here? Or is just a greedy way of making more money?

There are no easy answers as you may imagine.

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

if you have items, you can be in the bundle

Every AD author has got a chance to have a file included in the bundle, that’s fair enough for me
^ Not if you code in AS2 . :(

What you doing all day J ? its time bro` shift or start learning AS3 why code AS2 this days any way with new app`.....

3751 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

^Tsafinho. I’ll release as2 files until they will stop selling. Then i’ll think about start uploading in as3 or maybe not, will depend on my free time and the evolution of AD. Simple but logical strategy, i guess. But, in fact, i’m between both versions, let’s say i’m an innovative as2.5 developer. :P

7794 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

I’ll release as2 files until they will stop selling.

They will not stop selling if you release as2 files. :P I will go as far as say that you are the reason why as3 files are not that successfully as they should had become till now.

3742 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

I’m not crazy about these bundles, but if we’re going to have one for the reason of attracting new buyers, why is it the second week of December?

My thoughts exactly! I’m sceptic yet curious to see how this one will turn out..

3751 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

I’ll release as2 files until they will stop selling.
They will not stop selling if you release as2 files. :P I will go as far as say that you are the reason why as3 files are not that successfully as they should had become till now.

He, he, sounds nice but not true. But if i start to think in files and authors like P&K, DS, Ignite, Attique… with such nice top selling files i start to think in the absurd business decision once taken from AD staff. But, well, no, not again, i won’t do this again. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by