65 posts I'm Ahmad, since 1989
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
im_ahmad says

I submitted my first wordpress theme to themeforest and I know it’s not perfect, but it’s better than many themes wich accepted by themeforest

this is the demo link: http://themes.a-salah.com/hady/

the first reject message said: 1. Your file has some well done design concepts, however it does not meet the current and very stringent quality guidelines and we can not accept your file at this time. You will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics.

2. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design.

3. Overall typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for sale.

4. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the item may just swing the decision in your favor.

I did some improvement in the spacing and fonts then submit again, then they said: The changes are not enough. When a change is requested it should be significant enough to change the look and feel of the site. Changing a few elements does not change the visual inconsistencies in your design.

the third time said: Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

please tell me what should I do and what to modify in my theme to be accepted by TF ?

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
344 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
SnoopyIndustries says

Why not try dropping the blue div with the date for a submission. Just make the image full size, drop that div and give it a pop. THat’s a huge space taken for only a date. I’m no expert, just trying to help, and I told you what caught my eye.

1674 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

Need polish, alot.

125 posts I make pretty things.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
guuthemes says

Yeah, it’s just very bland buddy! If i’m being really harsh, this is something (visually) that someone could knock out in a lunchtime.

Like dnp_theme mentioned above, needs polish, lots of it!!

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

can you please give me an advice how to add polish to the theme?

529 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kriskorn says

In my honest opinion, I would go with a different route. It is too similar to a theme, that is already on sale on themeforest.

All the best, Kris

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

In my honest opinion, I would go with a different route. It is too similar to a theme, that is already on sale on themeforest.

All the best, Kris

I will try next time, but now I already created, and they soft rejected it, I want to make it fit their requirements

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
344 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SnoopyIndustries says

To add a comment to what I earlier said, you might want to add some more UI elements. These might be facebooks twitters and so on…a feed or something…it’s much much too simple, and I’m affraid that even if they will accept it the price will be a fairly low one.

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
billyf says
Some things I have noticed :
  1. I think it would be better to show the menu link directly instead of being hidden in a toggle
  2. There is inconsistency in typography. Fix the text at the footer to make it more consistent with the text in post content (in terms of legibility, not font type).
  3. The blue colour is typical of a BSOD (which really ‘hurts’ the eye). I’d prefer something else.
  4. I’d recommend putting the date somewhere else and not larger than the post title
  5. Where is the sample comment? I don’t even know how they look like. Can’t find any in the first post.
  6. The lower part of blog content (the icons, social media links etc.) need significant polishing
  7. The theme just looks like it is still not completed. Too many elements are missing and it is way too simple. Someone once said ‘Not sure whether it’s minimalism, or missing style sheet’, I personally think yours can fall into this category at its current state

On a side note, even if you theme gets approved, what is the selling point of your theme that makes buyers ‘want’ it? If there isn’t a strong one, then you might waste lots of time working on something with little sales (and low price).

If I were you, I think I might start from scratch and work on something else. Good luck improving it anyway.

125 posts I make pretty things.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
guuthemes says
On a side note, even if you theme gets approved, what is the selling point of your theme that makes buyers ‘want’ it? If there isn’t a strong one, then you might waste lots of time working on something with little sales (and low price).

This is very true what billyf mentioned. What makes your theme stand from the crowd of clones throughout TF? You could have this approved, at a low price, and only ever gain low sales, and let’s not be coy here, every author on here wants healthy sales!!

by
by
by
by
by
by