• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

After recently finding myself bored in a “free lesson” at school, i found it appropriate to equip myself with a friend’s netbook and have a play around with javascript in notepad to show off to my mates. In roughly 2 hours, with nothing more than the stock google chrome, windows notepad (not ++ or anything), and no internet connection, i managed to come up with this:

http://reaper-media.com/labs/gravity_ball/

I am quite pleased with the outcome, i managed to get the physics of it working quite well, you can throw the ball around with your mouse, and reverse gravity by pressing any key. I was going to use trig to have the gravity constantly spinning around but didn’t have enough time to start that.

So anyway I got thinking, we have some pretty skilled coders in the marketplaces, especially on CC, wouldn’t it be interesting to see what you guys could come up with in the same time with the same limitations?

So here’s the challenge:

In two hours, using only a stock plain text editor (no js debugging or code snippets, just like the bog standard notepad in windows, textedit in mac, or gedit in ubuntu. Definately no IDE ’s), your favourite browser with a javascript console (chrome, or FF + firebug) with no more extensions, disconnect yourself from the internet, and abandon any javascript books you may know, and see what you can come up with. You are not allowed to use any libraries like jQuery, everything must be done from scratch.

Of course it’s not limited to just javascript, you can mix all aspects of html, css and js to get your creation. Lets see what you guys can come up with!

Good luck ;-)

Don’t forget to state the exact tools you used and how long it took you to develop whatever it is you’re going to develop!

NOTE : in all marketplaces to span CC, TF and AD

303 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Syrian Arab Republic
Laith says

I like that …. very nice code :P and a great way to entertain your self in a boring class :D :D :D

3652 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Extremely well done! Thing is.. I’ve got a week without college this week – I’ll do this challenge next week somewhere when I’m in the train again. Guaranteed no internet ;)

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
I like that …. very nice code :P and a great way to entertain your self in a boring class :D :D :D

hehe cheers :D And it wasnt really a class, it was more like a set period of time where i’m supposed to be revising :D No teachers or anything ;) :P

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
Extremely well done! Thing is.. I’ve got a week without college this week – I’ll do this challenge next week somewhere when I’m in the train again. Guaranteed no internet ;)

Awesomeness! :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by