118 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
SoundmaxX says

Hello guys.

Unfortunately Cyprus island suffer from economic crisis and too many people lose their jobs every day.

I decided to move on London for work. I search on internet about finding a job but i think it would be better speaking face to face with my future employer.

I’m plumber, but I’m looking for any job for starting my new life in UK. The bad thing is that i will leave my equipment back, so for the next months I’ll take a big break from music production! The good thing is that I’ll learn better the English language!

I will stay in Twickenham for now. So, if someone could help me get a job close there, it would be very helpful! I post it here because Envato is a huge family around the world and I’m sure that you guys are willing to help me start again the music production! :) Thanks!

Christos

153 posts (-_(-_-(-_-)-_-)_-)
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Skywarrior says

Hey dude. If you want some quick cash I would suggest to look into pubs as a waiter. Jobs of that kind are many and its generally very easy to find. When I moved to London (4~ years ago) I worked in 2-3 jobs like that in the first 2 years, very easy to find, 1 – 2 weeks max and they generally don’t require perfect english. It may not be the best job in the world but pays the bills and keep some money flowing until you find something you want to do. What I used to do is print 30-40 CVs and go into every single bar/pub that I could find and ask them if they needed something, I generally found something after 4-5 days. If you spend like 3-4h every day you can cover loads of streets like that.

Hope that helps!

977 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

soundmaxx I really admire you for the courage to do that! I planned to make a major change like this for over 10 years and never had the guts to do it! Good luck and heads up!

950 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

Thank God you ain’t coming to America.. No jobs here lol :(

366 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
-axnorpix says

Hey dude. If you want some quick cash I would suggest to look into pubs as a waiter. Jobs of that kind are many and its generally very easy to find. When I moved to London (4~ years ago) I worked in 2-3 jobs like that in the first 2 years, very easy to find, 1 – 2 weeks max and they generally don’t require perfect english. It may not be the best job in the world but pays the bills and keep some money flowing until you find something you want to do. What I used to do is print 30-40 CVs and go into every single bar/pub that I could find and ask them if they needed something, I generally found something after 4-5 days. If you spend like 3-4h every day you can cover loads of streets like that. Hope that helps!
Hi Skywarrior,

If you dont mind,I got couple of questions, How did you get in UK first time? on visiting visa or student visa ? am i allowed to find a job if i come in visiting visa?

Thanks

118 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
SoundmaxX says

Hey dude. If you want some quick cash I would suggest to look into pubs as a waiter. Jobs of that kind are many and its generally very easy to find. When I moved to London (4~ years ago) I worked in 2-3 jobs like that in the first 2 years, very easy to find, 1 – 2 weeks max and they generally don’t require perfect english. It may not be the best job in the world but pays the bills and keep some money flowing until you find something you want to do. What I used to do is print 30-40 CVs and go into every single bar/pub that I could find and ask them if they needed something, I generally found something after 4-5 days. If you spend like 3-4h every day you can cover loads of streets like that. Hope that helps!

Thank you for your advices my friend! This was in my mind. I had a lot of experience as waiter when i was living in Greece. As i said i’m willing to do any job for start, so this is a very positive information for me! Thanks again Skywarrior :)

Christos

8229 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

Thank God you ain’t coming to America.. No jobs here lol :(

there’s not that many jobs here to be honest with you either… 100’s going for most graduate level and above roles…

118 posts
+1 more
SoundmaxX says

soundmaxx I really admire you for the courage to do that! I planned to make a major change like this for over 10 years and never had the guts to do it! Good luck and heads up!

Thank you for your reply Greenline. I have some goals to fulfill in my life. I am a positive thinking person generally and i know that everything happens for a reason. I was born in Greece, is not the first time i leave from my couch. Always was lucky person in my life and nothing can change this! Actually there is no luck, is just a word! People choose the best way of their own life;) Thanks again,

Christos

241 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
rendertom says

I envy you my man. It takes some courage to go to another country. Once I was a positive thinker, and thought I would move to UK as well, but then I got married, and everything changed :)
So good luck to you, hope you’ll find your way.

442 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Joined an Envato Football competition
+5 more
ZozoUI says

Good luck

by
by
by
by
by
by