• Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
designcrumbs says

I had a great time! It was awesome to meet everyone and put a face to so many names/avatars.

1029 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+5 more
Parallelus says

@designcrumbs

Absolutely! I’m really glad I got the chance to meet you and everyone else. I just got home an hour ago and I’m looking forward to the next event already.

555 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+12 more
theMOLITOR says

I’m just sitting here on the plane ride home rehashing this weekend in my head… Jake you still owe me $100.

I had a really good time.

195 posts I'm a Husky Designer
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+1 more
designcrumbs says

I’m just sitting here on the plane ride home rehashing this weekend in my head… Jake you still owe me $100. I had a really good time.

The outcome of that bet has still not been confirmed. I refuse to pay until we have video verification.

1138 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
+1 more
ImanGM says

Guys, I’m so jealous :P I wish I could be there too… Wish you all had great time ;)

432 posts butlerm.com
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
+10 more
butlerm says

I’m just sitting here on the plane ride home rehashing this weekend in my head… Jake you still owe me $100. I had a really good time.
Was definitely great chatting with you Chris at lunch!
5228 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

A wonderful event everyone! Hopefully I can get together a quick round up post tomorrow :D

555 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+12 more
theMOLITOR says

Was definitely great chatting with you Chris at lunch!

Yes! It’s always fun chatting while stuffing our faces with food ;-)

432 posts butlerm.com
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
+10 more
butlerm says

A wonderful event everyone! Hopefully I can get together a quick round up post tomorrow :D

Fingers crossed there is a special live event badge!!

5228 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

I’ve been decompressing this week after a whirlwind tour of the windy city. We kicked off our first ever Envato Live event in Chicago and we all had such an amazing time! Here are some of the highlights

Help Anyone

You always wonder when you’re kicking off something new if it’s actually going to work. Being that this was our first Envato Live event with a schedule and set up much different than our usual meetups, we we’re certainly wondering if we would get it right. I must say, everyone was pretty pumped with how it turned out.

I was able to man the front desk with Jane as the event started at 10:00 and we were super excited to see everyone raring to go. One author from Romania (CurlyThemes) beat everyone there and was the first to show up. I guess the locals had further to travel. :)

envatolive1

We’re very excited with the turn out and the great variety of authors and buyers from across the Marketplaces. At 10:30 we were ready to start the show!

Share My Knowledge

Collis kicked things off with his patented high energy video welcome. This set the tone for the energetic day we had planned. While I was still covering the sign in sheet, Selina was running an ice breaker event that involved marshmallows, string and a whole bunch of spaghetti. I’m not sure what was exactly going down, but it sounded like everyone was having a good time. :)

envatolive2

Attendees then had an opportunity to share their experiences and knowledge and work on whatever projects they liked. There was a buzz in the room as people meet each other and talked. Whether it was sharing a project idea, looking to make new connections or giving feedback to the Envato staff, everyone seemed to be getting something valuable from the event.

envatolive3

Help Community Members Succeed

The afternoon started with break out sessions to listen to our Elite authors present some of their experiences and tips with how they’ve become successful on the Marketplaces. Whether it was work/life lessons like “buy a good chair but a cheap sofa” or motivational encouragement like “get dat money”, the authors were able to provide some great knowledge on how to get the most out of the Marketplaces as well as how to avoid some of the pitfalls when starting out.

envatolive4

Thanks so much to Designcrumbs, theMolitor, Parallelus and Astoundify for doing presentations for us. You guys are superstars.

If you’d like to see the presentations, head over to Inside Envato and here are some video tips from attendees on how they stay productive.

In fact, everyone who showed up was a superstar. We had so much fun getting to meet everyone and really highlighted to us what a great global community we’ve been building here. We so look forward to holding another Envato Live event when we can. We’ll be sure to tell you all about it. :)

envatolive5

For more photos of the event, check out our Facebook album.

Thanks so much for coming everyone! Till next time. :D

by
by
by
by
by
by