30 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in France
nekmak says

Hello all,

I have a crucial question.

i am gonna create a new website in Joomla although i am not following joomla news for the past year i have seen that they have release the 1.6 version.

Should i create the website in 1.5 or 1.6? what do you suggest?what is considered as best from all points of views?

I see in google that many people will stay in 1.5 but i guess that the life of 1.5 will end soon though, non?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, Nekmak

88 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
FranklinM2 says

I would suggets you go with Joomla 1.6 if the extensions you intend on using have been upgraded or you could use Joomla 1.5 and wait for Joomla 1.7 which is coming out in July 2011.

105 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeFuzz says

Hi!

I think it depends on what you want to do.Some extension made for Joomla 1.5 are not available in Joomla 1.6.If you want to further discuss this question please feel free to contact me by mail and i can help you get an answer.

Best regards, Stefan

by
by
by
by
by
by