372 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
WPWiseOwl says

Having used both Joomla and Drupal as well, I don’t blame ThemeForest’s audience or think this behavior is necessarily limited to TF. It may just be because these other CMS platforms have simply failed to market themselves / cultivate a ecosystem (with a future) as well as WP has to the masses as an easy to use CMS. Drupal is my favorite between these two. However, I use WP because clients love it and that’s where the money is right now.

1673 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

Having used both Joomla and Drupal as well, I don’t blame ThemeForest’s audience or think this behavior is necessarily limited to TF. It may just be because these other CMS platforms have simply failed to market themselves / cultivate a ecosystem (with a future) as well as WP has to the masses as an easy to use CMS. Drupal is my favorite between these two. However, I use WP because clients love it and that’s where the money is right now.

I actually love phpBB community, the Drupal mighty bestest best core, I also love Joomla, but I have come to Wordpress now and I am here to stay. I am sick of waiting for Virtuemart to catch up. So many people are interested in but very few really contribute. I did, I’ve learned and had to move on.

Some time ago my sales were fine, now that is already .. http://w3techs.com/technologies/history_overview/content_management/ms/y
11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
mcc_ says

Joomla! developer, WordPress developer that’s so lame, what is a CMS, some functions/methods that mostly query a database like a bitch that you must generate static cache files, not forget some admin forms. You should be able to check the API of any CMS and code for it or else don’t call yourself a “developer”.

95 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
erwin_schro says

Do I really need to make my mind to think Joomla is a dead CMS by now? Any valuable suggestion would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Dear dmsumon, I also have the same question with you and most of times I answer it myself to yes it’s a bit ‘half’ dead. Even though I’ve been a member here in TF for 5 years now but I relatively new as an author here ( my 1st item was approved on nov last year.) though I’ve learned Joomla since it’s in 1.0.x and being a full freelancer in a joomlasphere, work as a support team in one of template club (which is dying now) since then and I have to decide to quit from there and push my self to be a ‘template crafter’ here. And thank God my sales from 3 items here is good enough to feeds my family. I wish I could start as an author long before. So yes I’m optimistic at this point.

But at the same time I worried too with this relatively low sales fact in Joomla category here. 2 of my items have WP version released too by top authors and they sales are 10+ times higher.

Is it because no flexible-enough-template-builder or wp-theme-options-alike for Joomla? cause all template frameworks available only support Bootstrap on it and personally it’s so hard to use one of it as none of my template conversion is bootstrap-based. OR is it because TF is not advertising this category at it’s maximum like it does for WP themes?

so lastly what i can say is good luck to all of us here. wish there’d be a better-more-flexible-template framework available out there that we can use so it’ll keeps the existing Joomla users and attract more new potential users.

491 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
egemenerd says

Joomla! developer, WordPress developer that’s so lame, what is a CMS, some functions/methods that mostly query a database like a bitch that you must generate static cache files, not forget some admin forms. You should be able to check the API of any CMS and code for it or else don’t call yourself a “developer”.

What are you talking about? I’m sure you are an “uber super” developer but we are not talking about who is a “real” developer here. Of course all Wordpress developers can make Joomla templates as well. The problem is time… Time is money and we are here for earning money right? So we should make some choices and we are talking about these choices…

238 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
dmsumon says

What are you talking about? I’m sure you are an “uber super” developer but we are not talking about who is a “real” developer here. Of course all Wordpress developers can make Joomla templates as well. The problem is time… Time is money and we are here for earning money right? So we should make some choices and we are talking about these choices…
I agree with you
238 posts
  • Exclusive Author
dmsumon says

Do I really need to make my mind to think Joomla is a dead CMS by now? Any valuable suggestion would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Dear dmsumon, I also have the same question with you and most of times I answer it myself to yes it’s a bit ‘half’ dead. Even though I’ve been a member here in TF for 5 years now but I relatively new as an author here ( my 1st item was approved on nov last year.) though I’ve learned Joomla since it’s in 1.0.x and being a full freelancer in a joomlasphere, work as a support team in one of template club (which is dying now) since then and I have to decide to quit from there and push my self to be a ‘template crafter’ here. And thank God my sales from 3 items here is good enough to feeds my family. I wish I could start as an author long before. So yes I’m optimistic at this point.

But at the same time I worried too with this relatively low sales fact in Joomla category here. 2 of my items have WP version released too by top authors and they sales are 10+ times higher.

Is it because no flexible-enough-template-builder or wp-theme-options-alike for Joomla? cause all template frameworks available only support Bootstrap on it and personally it’s so hard to use one of it as none of my template conversion is bootstrap-based. OR is it because TF is not advertising this category at it’s maximum like it does for WP themes?

so lastly what i can say is good luck to all of us here. wish there’d be a better-more-flexible-template framework available out there that we can use so it’ll keeps the existing Joomla users and attract more new potential users.

yes you are absolutely right. Thanks for understanding the issue in depth. :)

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Riyadhrocks says

Some time ago my sales were fine, now that is already .. http://w3techs.com/technologies/history_overview/content_management/ms/y
The credit goes to Joomla. At a time 2 long term version, totally confusing to handle. See the above link down and down. Freelancer developers, end users all are totally forgive Joomla for their decision. Current situation is. 2.5, 3.2.2 (october 14), 3.3.3 :)
910 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+1 more
greenline says

People prefer WordPress because it’s easier, because it’s simple and because you can extend easily its functionality with plugins. Basically with WordPress you can do anything you want with a well chosen theme and a couple of good plugins.

238 posts
  • Exclusive Author
dmsumon says

People prefer WordPress because it’s easier, because it’s simple and because you can extend easily its functionality with plugins. Basically with WordPress you can do anything you want with a well chosen theme and a couple of good plugins.
Yep I agree with you… But that doesn’t mean you can’t extend the functionality of Joomla… Joomla has also lots of modules, components and plugins to extend it’s functionality… But to be honest Joomla lacks documentation. WP has a very well known codex library where all the functions, classes, hooks, API are listed in a very beautiful way with examples… It is very easy to use and it looks almost like php.net documentation site. But Joomla’s code library is very poor. Not all the functions are documented like WP codex library.. The documentation of Joomla is very hard to follow, Even any PHP ninja will say it is very difficult and nightmare to learn Joomla code.. But if you have only some basic knowledge of PHP you will never fall in difficulties to follow WP codex… WP really rocks… I am very sad for Joomla because I am a Joomla developer.
by
by
by
by
by
by